+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 34938 Wldeyefoto is an unknown quantity at this point Wldeyefoto's Avatar

Yes | No

BMW roadster article in Octane Magazine

The October 2006 issue of Octane Magazine has an article on the various roadsters built by BMW. Featured cars include the 319/1, 328, 507, Z1, Z3, Z4, and our personal favorite, the Z8. There is a short bio on each car and some nice pictures, including a gorgeous opening spread of a beautiful red Z8 in Italy's wine country. As usual in a British rag, they just don't get the Z8, labeling it "overkill in every department". They even repeat the annoying myth that the Z8 didn't sell well. When are these co-called automotive experts going to figure out that BMW said, right from the beginning, the Z8 would be a limited production sports car with a total production run of app. 5000 over 4 years. That's just what they built and they sold every one. At least the author grudgingly admits that Z8 prices have firmed up strongly and it appears that the Z8 is going to follow in the footsteps of the much prized 507. In any case, the Z8 in the vineyard shot is worth the price of the magazine.Grease Monkey

harvey2

Yes | No

Re: BMW roadster article in Octane Magazine

I'm somewhat mystified by these automotive columnists who repeat the claim that the Z8 was a commercial failure. Saw it again a few months ago in our local paper and I wrote to the author to set him straight but never heard back. Where do they get this from? I'm inclined to give up trying to correct them. Is it possible that we Z8 faithful are simply smelling our own flatulance and they have had it right all along?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information