+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone alive and kicking? or everyone's lurking?

I'm back from Korea, I was actually trying to post while there but it wouldn't let me sign-in for some weird reason.
    Hope all is well viv kev bob and others.
    Damn that e92 335i is so sexy... The engine I mean!
    Well, I guess it's not too bad overall...
    Anyone catch at e30 M3 for 8k in the for sale section?
    Damn, if only I had the money.
    Cheap considering the ones I've seen were going for 12k+

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Registered Member
    Member No: 42873 and321cue is an unknown quantity at this point and321cue's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm here!

I check in every once in awhile, but not a lot of activity. From looking at Larry's pictures, I regret missing the Euro Sunday. There were a lot of cool cars.

How was Korea? We might go there next summer before going to Tokyo. I haven't been to Seoul in about 10 years. The last time I was there I went on a shoot when I worked at CNN Asia. 3 Days was not enough to explore that city.
    Ian

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©42 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm here!

It's been an extremel busy week. Did you bring home a wife?
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

DiS

Yes | No

What they said!

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

Been on vacation ! ! !

Actually managed to get outa dodge for a week, headed back east for a whirl wind tour including 3 stops. Hit Cape Cod for 3 days, a part of rural PA ofr 3 days (long story) and the last night in Manhattan, of all places! Nothing like living out of a suitcase...

Of course, missed not one but 2 Sharkfests, odd scheduling conflict that had the events spaced an entire week apart :(

Funny you speak about the new 335i coupe Ian! Just happened to see one yesterday, apparently on a test drive from Mountain View BMW (formerly Allison BMW). Man, I gotta tell ya, looked hot and MUCH better than the initial sedan! Rear lighting looked, well, pleasing?

One last thought. Many of the 6er community are looking to part ways with RF, as we are getting tired of the Nazi like attitude of the board moderators. And frankly, there are plenty other venues to choose from, so it may not be long before I no longer "lurk" on the other boards, like the NorCal one. But I'll do my best to keep an eye out :)
    Cheers, Bob

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Been on vacation ! ! !

That's too bad...
    I've actually HEARD of the "nazi like" mods out on some of the boards, luckily I've never had a run in with any of them although I've heard they ran away a few veterans on the e28 board.
    I'm finally on my way to a beautifully handling... well... beauty!
    Hahahahaha, just ordered a "complete" front end suspension from Steve Haygood (known on the e28 boards here and elsewhere).
    VERY knowledgable guy with his Bimmers, very friendly, and got me some pretty killer prices!
    He specializes in e24/e28's, if you need parts you should ask him first ;]
    ANYWAY, yah... that 335i is HOT, I'm not a big fan of the Bangle-ness... but the sheer power of that sexy thing is quite scary.
    Its potential is insane!
    I finally landed myself a job too! Muhahaha
    I'll be moving onto the peninsula within the next few months as the office is in San Mateo, now we just need Viv to leave Sacramento so her baby can bask in the weather of the bay.

Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: I'm here!

Unfortunately, no... I didn't bring home a wife, wait... Should I have said fortunately? Heh heh, hope the kids enjoyed their summer vacation and are recharged and ready to tackle another year of "gruelling" student life.
    Damn, I now realize how much of a blast I had during my many years in college. ;[
    I'm so sad it's over, I want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seems like things up north are starting to cool down, a much needed break for you and the rest up there.
    As I said in my response to Shrky, I landed a job! Yay!
    It was awesome, my friend referred me on Wednesday, scheduled and nailed the interview on Friday, got the offer this morning for a salary I can totally survive on! =D
    Ahhhh the great(?) world of networking.
    I'm hoping to get my front end rebuilt sometime this week, then I'll really get to have some fun with her muhahahaha.
    O yah, this shimmy is really getting dangerous too.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: I'm here!

Three days? You need at least a SOLID week to cover Seoul and probably over a good month to see the rest of the peninsula!
    Korea was a blast as usual, I went to "recover" from my ulcer yet I managed to consume a lot of alcohol in doing so.
    That's really really really bad, I know, but to balance it out I was eating SUPER good food and lots of it.
    I somehow managed to actually lose weight in all of that eating/drinking frenzy I called a "vacation".
    CNN Asia??
    Shooting video or taking pictures?
    One of the first things on my list of toys to buy is the Canon 30D and a nice 18-75 ish lens to match ;]
    But that's quite a pricey toy... so we'll have to see.

Registered Member

Yes | No

P.S. I take it 540insac is having too much fun

with his new toy?
    I know I'd have fun with it too!
    Did he let you drive it yet?????
    Ahhhhh z4 M roadster, pure bliss...

Inner Circle ©42 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, I think so!

No, he wouldn't let me drive it, but I got to sit in it and start it! ;-) Very nice looking car.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Yes, I think so!

awwwwww Viv! You didn't ask nicely enough! :[
    I'm sure it's a true animal, I believe they somehow shoved an e46 ///M3 engine in it... I bet it really flies heh heh.

Yes | No

I'm sure it screams!

Send me an email and tell me about your job and what you're up to.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information