+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 104906 john_m is an unknown quantity at this point john_m's Avatar

Yes | No

Prices in the Bay Area

Hey everyone, I can't hold it off anymore and I'm ready to take the plunge :)

I wanted to check what's a good price for a coupe (I went through all the old posts). I live in the Bay Area, but don't mind coming to southern Cali or Oregon to pick up the car.

A dealer here wants $74K for a 2006 650 black/SP/HUD/satellite radio. That is exactly the car I want, but I figured there should be a discount for a 2006 at this point.. For a 2007, they want 77K. And for some reason, their ED price is 75K. I would have thought the difference would be much more. My buddy got more than 2K off for his 3...

Any advice? Thanks much.

Registered Member
    Member No: 130385 Maverick630 is an unknown quantity at this point Maverick630's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Prices in the Bay Area

I am not sure if Southern California is any better in terms of pricing of these cars, it may even be worse. I don't know how it is this year but about a year ago when I was shopping for a 2006 I was not able to get much of a break at all around Los Angeles area. About $1500 off sticker was all I could get them to do with the specifics that I wanted to order with. But I have a feeling the irrational sales and purchases may have gone away to a large degree.

As for ED, whatever the sticker price is that you see on the window, the ED price on a 650i is about $5K less. I got my car through ED and that is the price they showed me. It used to on the BMWNA website as well at the time. They told me this is a set price and there is no haggling on ED price but I have been told that is not true and they could even discount that if they want to, but I am not sure about this. At some point it becomes unproductive and exhausitng to haggle with these guys and you want the car so bad that you just go for it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

What is an ED price?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What is an ED price?

From BMWNA Web Site today:

Taking delivery of your new BMW in Europe will definitely make you smile. So will the savings. You may save up to 7 percent of the retail price -- up to $8,220. Those savings may pay for your trip. You'll also save by eliminating airplane, train, taxi, and bus fares while in Europe.

---- Please select a series ---- 6 Series

Model......................MSRP.......European Delivery Price...Savings
    2006 650i Coupe............$71,800.......$66,775............ .......$5,025
    2006 650i Convertible......$78,800.......$73,285............ .......$5,515

Order in US and take delivery in Germany, drop off and shipped to you back at your dealer.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 104906 john_m is an unknown quantity at this point john_m's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Prices in the Bay Area

Thanks for the info! Wanted to make sure I'm not ripped off.

One dealer quoted me the ED price as only 2K cheaper, and then tried to say that's because it's from their quota. I'll ask a few more.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information