+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reliability

BM

Yes | No

Reliability

I've always loved this body style and am looking at buying a used one. Of course most everything available has high miles.

Looking for advice on what the reliability is and what are some problems. Please send pointers or links to articles.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 145615 Rbimmer22 is an unknown quantity at this point Rbimmer22's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Reliability

Well I just bought an 89 525i. I love it. It has an issue im working out which unfortunately is due to the previous owner's neglagance but I have found this engine to be remarkable. For being a little 2.5 liter its a balzy little bastard and pushes this full size sedan hard. I wouldnt worry too much about mileage. The germans are good about making a good engine. I would just test drive the heck out of anything to come buy and if it runs well I say take it. As long as you stay regular on its maintenance you'll be fine.

Registered Member
    Member No: 146182 dbrumbach is an unknown quantity at this point dbrumbach's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Reliability

All of the E34 M5's are hand assembled by the Motorsports division of BMW. They are rare and extreemly well built. I owned a 525i for 11yrs and it was one of teh finest cars I have ever owned, next to my 91 M5...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information