+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 131075 GEM4 is an unknown quantity at this point GEM4's Avatar

Yes | No

Another One Bites The Dust

Sorry to report that one more M5 is off the road for good. Last week mine had a Chevy Malibu land on its hood - literally. (I was on a surface street coming under a freeway, and the driver of the Chevy came off the freeway (DUI)for a brief flight that ended after it bounced off my hood. (Freak accident, no injuries on my side of the equation - but couldn't have been much closer.) Insurance company has totaled the car.
    Not sure how its going to play out with the insurance company. Probably be a great parts car for someone. (I'm in Bay Area...) (Search is now on for a 540i 6 speed ... time for a car with airbags...)

Pete

M5 208K (and no longer counting...)

Registered Member
    Member No: 91601 m_and_msix is an unknown quantity at this point m_and_msix's Avatar

Yes | No

Did the center consoles survive?

I'm looking to put them in my 535is after I dye them Cardinal red. What will you take for them?

Sorry to hear the bad news of your loss, but very happy to hear that you weren't hurt by that drunk SOB! I can only hope he sees the inside of a jail cell as somebody's Biatch.

TIA,

Mark in AZ.
    1988 ///M6 - "CONAN, the Bavarian"
    1987 535is - "MOBY"

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Uggghhh That's 6 so far this year, glad to

hear you are OK. Man...talk about a near miss. Let us know what the insurance company settles for. That's always a fight and a half to get more than Blue Book.

Anyone else out there hear of more totalled M5's. It's interesting to track these numbers seeing how more and more people are concerned about e28 M5 values. If we keep losing them at this rate, prices are going to soar for low mileage, unmolested cars.

Keep 'em Running,
    Bob K.

docdave

Yes | No

Re: Uggghhh That's 6 so far this year, glad to

Any guess how many are still on the road?

Bruce in Canada

Yes | No

1500 to start with.. even at 10 per year. there

are lots..
    even if half are gone already.. at 6 kills a year for the rest of the cars.. we have over a hundred years of cars around..

sw

Yes | No

post pictures and VIN on the M register

That is a good place to track the state of cars in a snap shot style...there are a couple wrecks listed on there, which could help a potential future buyer to spot a resurected wreck.

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

True, but there are not that many for sale now.

Six is all that we know about, and I'd say we here are a pretty small community. Maybe there are 1000 cars out there in collector's garages. That would be sweet, but I don't have a feel for the reality of the #'s. Even the M Registry is pretty light for actual owners out there. Maybe RCBMW has a good idea of the #'s left.

Bob K.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information