+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!!

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 145554 Ricardo11 is an unknown quantity at this point Ricardo11's Avatar

Yes | No

Help!!!

my first time posting and i need some help.
    I took delivery of a 2006 650I on May this year, everything was great at the begining, till about 3 weeks after delivery the car developed a very annoying rattle, took the car back to the dealer and after 5 days i was told that it was a "pin" on the convertible roof that was "loose" and it needed tightening.
    3 days later the same rattle appeared again, took the car again and of course the same explanation after 5 days at the shop.
    the car has been a total of 4 times at the shop for the same rattle, this time it has been there for a week and a half and i was told last week that BMW was going to replace the roof, then that they were going to replace the liner, this week i was told that BMW had requested pictures of the roof??
    A total of 32 days at the shop and no solution. Has anybody experienced the same problem? and if so any solutions?
    Thanks for the help.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry to learn of your problem. Although,

relatively new to this forum, it appears that posts here are seen by BMW USA, as their representatives have responded to those with problems that the dealer has been unable to solve. Do not know the status or problem resloution after those posts, but my impression, having owned several new MB's in recent years, is that BMW's customer service is kinder and gentler than other manufactures.

Registered Member
    Member No: 144223 aalonso is an unknown quantity at this point aalonso's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Help!!!

Where is the rattle sound coming from? Does it have happen with the top up or top down or both? Does it come from the center dash? The reason I ask is that on my car (650i Convertible - June '06 Build), I had a clunking noise -rattling noise that was mostly heard coming from behind the center dash and some it was felt from the from passenger side. It turned out to be the strut bar brace that is located on top of the engine and it forms a triangle between the front shock towers and the front center in front of the dash. The service had to basically add lubricant and retighten the bolts to spec. After that the rattling noise went away. The noise was mostly noticed when driving over uneven pavement where the car would flex its chassis.... I hope this helps.

Registered Member
    Member No: 145554 Ricardo11 is an unknown quantity at this point Ricardo11's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks.
    but the rattle sounds that is coming from the back left panel, and it happens when i drive on uneven pavement, anyway i am going to have the dealer check the strut bar.
    Thanks for the help.

Registered Member
    Member No: 138764 biztraveler is an unknown quantity at this point biztraveler's Avatar

Yes | No

It helps me a lot as I have been having the same thing, though it sounds like it is coming from the instrument panel. Now I have something to talk to service department about.

Registered Member
    Member No: 26083 r.merkle is an unknown quantity at this point r.merkle's Avatar

Yes | No

heard a raddle on my 650 and found it was the passenger seat belt hitting the seat when caught by the seat clip.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 36065 shelger is an unknown quantity at this point shelger's Avatar

Yes | No

I noticed a post by BMWNA. How do i email to you directly. BMW cs is a joke!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information