+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 128166 nelsgood is an unknown quantity at this point nelsgood's Avatar

Yes | No

E300 Diesel Injection Pump Leak.......

I have a 1997 E300 Diesel that has a fuel leak. I don't know what the component is called but it is at the front side of the injection pump and is fed directly from the fuel filter. The unit (about 3 inches long) looks to be black plastic with 3 clear fuel lines attached. It's attached to the injection pump by two internal star screws. Does anyone know what this piece is called and whether it can be bought seperate from the injector pump? Thanks for any assistance.

tdwannabe

Yes | No

Re: E300 Diesel Injection Pump Leak.......

This is the fuel shutoff valve. It's a small, black plastic "box". Part number is 000 078 44 49. While this part has been known to leak, it's far more likely the dime-size o-ring on the rear of the shut off valve is leaking. It's very common. I suspect the new o-ring costs less than $1.

The P/N for the o-ring seal is 021 997 75 48.

Doug

Yes | No

How do you like this car????

Greetings,

I am considering the purchase of a 1997 E300D. 150K miles, $ 11,000... I have a '85 300D that I love. How has the '97 been for you?

Thanks,
    Doug

Registered Member
    Member No: 173995 STUARTLITTLE is an unknown quantity at this point STUARTLITTLE's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: E300 Diesel Injection Pump Leak.......

JUST PURCHASED A 97E300D WITH 75,000 ON IT AND CAME WITH THE SPARE 'o' RING IN A BAG. IT DOESN'T LEAK FUEL BUT IS REPORTED LEAKING AIR AND THEREFOR THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON. DURING CERTAIN WEATHER CONDITIONS THE LIGHT WILL RESET AND I ASSUME THE RING DOES ALSO.BUT THEN AFTER A WHILE IT STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN. i THINK I'LL CHANGE THE RING AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information