+ Reply to Thread
    Mark

Yes | No

88 E28 black on black M5 77,000 Whats it worth?

My wife and I are thinking of selling our 88 M5 which was given to us for a debt repayment. It is listed on other sites but the value is of question. It is a Canadian car bought in Vancouver, B.C. It currently has 77,000 miles, original black body panels with stickers, new 16" BBS OEM wheels, centres and Michelin Pilots, new dealer installed clutch, all new brakes. 1 of 28 with black leather, rumoured to be buffalo leather but Im not an expert with these cars. Leather interior is 9 out of 10. Everything works including a/c. We are hoping to get $16,750 US. Car drives like new, original everything, never abused and garage kept. Pics are available to interested people. E mail [email protected] for more info.

Mark

Yes | No

Re: Prod. figure is erroneous.Buffalo not avail in NA.

Production figure is erroneous? I have a e mail from BMW of Canada stating that 28 of the cars that came into Canada were black leathered interior cars. Please back up your statements with facts before posting non legitimate comments.

Bruce in Canada

Yes | No

I agree. I do think buffalo was the leather too

My M3 has buffalo leather and it is very similar in feel to My M5.

I hope you can get your price. It is time for these things to go up again. I bought my car in nice shape with about the same mileage, ( a few k less) and I paid $14kUS that was back in 2001 I think. keep us posted .. some pics would be nice to see.

Bruce

euroe28m5

Yes | No

Re: I agree. I do think buffalo was the leather too

With the rarity of the black leather, whether it is buffalo or not it is well worth the asking price of $16,500 USD. I know of similar cars that have sold for more. Good luck with the sale.

If the car is still in Canada, you may want to contact BMWNA and/or a local dealer to certify the car meets all U.S. emission standards and maybe help with the shipping costs? This could help you along with the sale.

Having purchased a euro M5 from Canada, I can tell you first hand that the beuracracies here will wear you down to a level of frustration that you would be sorry that you ever thought of purchasing the car!

Registered Member
    Member No: 100183 rhs63 is an unknown quantity at this point rhs63's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I agree. I do think buffalo was the leather

Interesting.
    My e28 M5 is black/black.
    Is everyone saying buffalo was *available*, or *standard* in the Great White North?

Registered Member
    Member No: 112220 MJayM is an unknown quantity at this point MJayM's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Prod. figure is erroneous.Buffalo not avail in NA.

Mark,

He may be thinking about the total figure for black over black North American market M5s. I haven't seen anything more firm, in several sources, than 25 to 50 copies with the black leather (one source says 12-50). Someone would have to go through all 1200+ US/CDN spec VINs to try to figure it out, and that may not produce an accurate result due to BMW's spotty record-keeping from the era.

That being said, I guess your bargaining position is going to be less flexible now, eh? :-)

Jay
    '04 Volvo XC70 (the "Family Car")
    '88 735i
    '83 380SL (for sale - email me)Jay
    '83 380SL
    '88 735i
    '03 325i

M5 Jeff

Yes | No

Are m5's in Canada held to the same smog standards

It is my understanding that the German M's have no cat, different cams, and higher compression ratio along with 30 more HP. I wonder abot the Canadian spec M's?

M5 Jeff

Yes | No

I have ben told Water Buffalo not Tantanka! DWW

I have heard Buffalo too but not the Buffalo most of us are thinking of ( or mabey it's just me) Water buffalo are a real problem in Germany just like deer in the states. People hit them on the way to work, they are tearing up gardens, and generaly terrorizing people so the started making seats out of them, it makes perfect sense if you stop and thik abuot it!....Cowhide! HA! Cows never bothered anyone DUH! MMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Signed VOICE OF REASON. P.S. please excuse my spelling ther was a water buffalo chasing me the whole time I was writing this.

Bruce in Canada

Yes | No

Canadian cars (m5) are same as US.

there are always people that refer to the EUROSPEC e36 M3, that was 45 cars we got in 1994. They are not eurospec cars.. they are CANADIAN spec. cars. with a european motor, but otherwise Canadianised. The e28 M5s in Canada are identical to the US versions except we got metric gauges, icons instead of words on the idiot lights, and I think most cars had heated seats.

I think at this point that condtion is much more important to colour, and price for the car is more about how good the seats are and not if they are black or white.

My M3 is an e36 and there is a sample of leather in the glove box that says Buffalo...

Registered Member
    Member No: 59965 RoyW is an unknown quantity at this point RoyW's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Canadian cars (m5) are same as US.

Well said Bruce.

Registered Member
    Member No: 10568 scottiesharpe is an unknown quantity at this point scottiesharpe's Avatar

Yes | No

E28 M5 with Buffalo interior pics

This is Ron Perry's car. Scottie Sharpe
    Provider of Mass Air Flow Conversion Kits for BMWs
    www.scottiesharpe.com/store

88 Dinan-badged M5, M88 motor with BMWTurboPerformance.com mass air flow conversion, Laptop Dynamic Tuning, 02 Sensor feedback, Dinan Stage 4 suspention, Dinan 17x9.5 3pc wheels, 255/40 Conti Sport X 4, e34 rear brakes, B&B Stainless steel Exhaust, F&R LaDue stainless steel strut bars.
    91 318iC
    68 2002 Ireland coil overs, e12 brakes, Mikuni 40s, Stahl, Hoosiers
    67 1600 Stock - "Cutie"
    Do you BMWwikiwiki.com ??

jr

Yes | No

I bought my blk/blk CA M5 in Montreal in Dec 2001.

Bruce is correct! I had a letter from BMW Canada stating that my BMW 1988 M5 VIN met all USA DOT and EPA regulations. The letter also stated that the speedometer needed to be changed from KM to MPH. I had the BMW Canada letter, Bill of Sale, Current Quebec registration to cross the border and the speedometer had already been switched. The cost at the border...$0.00. So simple! Easy registation in the USA with the customs approval/stamped import document. REGARDING 1988 M5 black leather. I also had a regular USA blk/tan M5. In my opinion, having seen "Buffalo leather" on many grey market M635 cars including several black buffalo leather interiors, there is no way that the blk leather in the Canadian 1988 M5 was Buffalo leather. The Buffalo leather is not only much thicker but Buffalo leather also has a distinct mottled appearance and it is obvious visually.

Registered Member
    Member No: 106207 M5zealot is an unknown quantity at this point M5zealot's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: what is the offset of your rear wheels?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information