+ Reply to Thread
    sw

Yes | No

replacing broken exhaust connectors?

I broke one exhaust connector (the ring that you put the exhaust bolt through). The one I broke is behind the exhaust pipe flange, so I can't just slip a new one on. Can a good exhaust shop, un-flange the flange, slip a new connector on and reflange the flange?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DC93&mospid=47233&btnr=18_0550& hg=18&fg=20

Registered Member
    Member No: 45949 Philo is an unknown quantity at this point Philo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: replacing broken exhaust connectors?

It's behind the flared end on the muffler section that bolts to the back section of the cat ? I guess it doesn't really matter which one you broke.., the exhaust shop will want to cut the pipe, slide of and on the flange and reweld the cut setion. If you go to a typical muffler shop the will use a gas tourch to weld it back on.. BAD ! Find a shop that can do stainless tig welding. The will probably charge you bundle for the flange fabrication. When I did my Euro header to US cat fabrication I had a shop laser cut some flanges our of 3/8ths stainless and it cost me $100. A good muffler shop might charge you that much for one flange.

Good luck... sorry hear.

Philo.
    -----------

sw

Yes | No

Re: replacing broken exhaust connectors?

yeah-- my previously livable exhaust leak is now pretty awsome sounding. To me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information