Just had a Quaife limited slip differential installed and added the 3.64 gears as well. My early observations are that the results are nothing short of stunning, taking the Z8 to the rareified world of true exotics. First, there is no more "squirm" when shifting under hard acceleration between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd (without the LSD there was some tire spin with the DSC off, now dramatically diminished). Second, the improvement in acceleration is immediately obvious. First and second gear dissapear very quickly and there is more torque in any gear. The overall feel of the car is more "Ferrari like" in it's gearing, rather than an autobahn GT (which is what the Z felt like before the change). Not sure yet about acceleration out of corners but in time....

For those contemplating this change, my course of action was to buy two "pumpkins", one from a Z8 and one from a Euro 735i (the source of the 3.64 gears). These were blended with the Quaife LSD to yield the final "pumpkin" which was simply swapped out with the stock unit. The latter I will save in the event that I need it in the future. The differential put together was performed by a diff specialty shop (my dealer did not have a big enough press to do the job and their head mechanic had the sense not to try it....thank you Michael). The total cost was just under 5K for parts plus labor....not cheap, but well worth it IMO.