+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 131557 morganw is an unknown quantity at this point morganw's Avatar

Yes | No

Body Shop in the South Bay? I need a part painted

I tore a sideview mirror off & replaced it myself, but need the housing painted Dark Green Metallic. Any recommendations?

I work in Cupertino, so I'm hoping to find a place between Campbell & Palo Alto.

Is it customary to just drop off a part & specify the color code or will I have to leave a sample for matching?

Thanks in advance!

-Morg

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

Just had some paint work done at . . .

Autobahn Body & Paint in Mountain View, which is right behind Allison BMW, or whatever they call themselves now. the shop is run by an Indian guy (not prejudiced, just pointing this out) but don't let this scare you off, as this is a great shop! They did a complete repaint of my 6er in 94 and they could not believe the condition of the paint after 12 years! I only had a spoiler painted, didn't touch any of the original work. They do touch up work for the dealership, to give you an idea...

Speak with Jaswal and tell him that Green Shark sent ya :)
    Cheers, Bob

Registered Member
    Member No: 127831 Biggerunn is an unknown quantity at this point Biggerunn's Avatar

Yes | No

BeeLine in San Jose?

I've been a fan of BeeLine in San Jose. Several years ago, I lost a jack hole cap off an E36. I bought a couple of replacements from the dealer that came primed. Michael at BeeLine offered to paint them for me gratis as long as I was willing to wait until they were spraying my color on another job. About a week later they called me and said I could drop by to pick them up. I've also had them do other collision related work, and although I guess I don't have a lot to compare them with, their work seemed very good.

morgan

Yes | No

Re: Just had some paint work done at . . .

I went to Autobahn for the mirror, then just recently I put a wheel into a drainage box & tore the front fenderliner and bumper. Autobahn painted the bumper & did a *great* job. Jaswal commented that for what I paid for the bumper (from the wholesale counter at Stevens Creek BMW), and painting, I could have had Autobahn install it.

Maybe, but I wonder how long I would have had to leave it. I only discovered that I'd broken the 51.11 7 065 476 bracket (facelift 2005 330Ci) after pulling the old bumper off-- it had been driveable until then.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information