+ Reply to Thread
    myvice

Yes | No

DINAN Cold Air Intake Air Filter

I have a 1997 2.8 Z3 w/ Dinan cold air intake. I'm wondering about the maintenance on the Dinan cold air intake system. Specifically, how do I get at the filter, how do I know if it is a K&N or not, can it be cleaned like a K&N? If not where do I get a replacement filter?

Thanks for any help.

Cookie

Yes | No

Re: DINAN Cold Air Intake Air Filter

I'd just phone dinan, I've heard they are very helpful. Not that many people using those here.

Giznaz

Yes | No

Re: DINAN Cold Air Intake Air Filter

I have that system in my '97 2.8. Great Thing, sounds wonderful!

I found that the easiest way to service it is to remove the front wheel, and loosen up the inner fender liner. It is really easy to get to the filter that way.

It truly is just a K & N filter. I matched it up once on their website. Service it just like a K & N, JUST GO REAL LIGHT on the oil. It can & does mess up the MAF sensor, if you use too much.

I bought a spare, and now I just swap filters, and tend to the dirty one at my leisure.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14242 tommckinney is an unknown quantity at this point tommckinney's Avatar

Yes | No

or....

Dinan now makes a "one use" filter. Similar to K&N, but not cleanable (or oiled). I was always worried about the oil on the MAF, so I have the one use filter.
    The Other Tom

Registered Member
    Member No: 36536 junson is an unknown quantity at this point junson's Avatar

Yes | No

Mine not reusable either

My '97 2.8 has the one use paper type also. It was installed at HC 6 or 7 years ago. I had a hard time finding a replacement and finally a Dinan dealer took one off a new unit and sold it to me.
    The normal procedure to replace the filter is to remove the headlight assembly and remove the intake, but I have heard the wheel well method is much easier.
    Good Luck,
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information