+ Reply to Thread
    Bruce in Canada

Yes | No

Drove the competition... wow

Just by fluke.. I was test driving a 1991 Lancia delta integrale...
    dont laugh.. as a winter car... We can get grey market cars here fairly easily now that they are 15 years old.

Anyway.. the same guy who deals in exotics only, had a supremely nice immaculate version of the M5's competition. I was so blown away I woulda made a deal on the spot if I had my car with me. He let me take it for a boot.

Dont laugh again .. it has one serious flaw.. it is FWD..
    It is called the Lancia Thema 8.32 it is a 4 door sedan, with a ferrari 308 V8 engine. transversly mounted but wow.. that car hauls.
    I dont know if it is the ferrari sounds, or the spinning front tires.. but it feels so good.

It was super fast, smooth riding, and the interior puts the M5 to shame. the leather is even more everywhere. the climate control is excellent, the rear headrests are connected to a weight sensor in the seat, and rise when you open the rear door, fall if there is no occupant.

There is a motorised spoiler that emerges from the trunk lid.. ala porshe, rear seat headphone jacks, ski bag, so may options..

It was about double the price of the M5, rumoured to have been 40k pounds...

tell me if any of you have heard about this car.
    the one I saw had 106k KM on it and was way cleaner inside and out that ANY M5 I have seen so far. Owned by an older Italian man since new. not a drop of oil or dirt under the hood or under the car. breathtaking.

lancia thema 8.32
    thema 8.32

Registered Member
    Member No: 129626 MomentumBob is an unknown quantity at this point MomentumBob's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Drove the competition... wow

I'm impressed that you were impressed, Bruce. I'll bet that the exclusivity and price of maintenance and repair parts is equally as breath taking.

Registered Member
    Member No: 106207 M5zealot is an unknown quantity at this point M5zealot's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Drove the competition... wow

My father had one when he was stationed in Italy (Air Force)It was very nice and fast but, was in the shop all the time! Remember FIAT stood bor F ix It A ll T he time or Fix it again Tony!

Bruce in Canada

Yes | No

I lived there for years..

Fabrica Italiano Automobile di Torino

he had a Thema? or a real Thema 8.32? tell us more.
    the car i saw was running perfectly with 100k km on it (60k miles) I am sure it needs its shop time, but hard to believe it is poorly built. also for sure that it is complicated to fix. but that is the challenge that i need.

Registered Member
    Member No: 106207 M5zealot is an unknown quantity at this point M5zealot's Avatar

Yes | No

I remember he said it was considered a 4 door, front drive Ferrari back then. I don't remember much but I'll see if I can find some old pics.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information