+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    , ,
    Member No: 146286 karsenti is an unknown quantity at this point karsenti's Avatar
    Yes | No

X3 2006 : Has anyone had a left rear door leaking

My friend and I recently purchased 2006 X3s from different cities, nearly 2500 miles apart (Canada is a big place !). 1 week after driving it, we both found out that the left rear door (the water comes in from the roof, through the rubber at the top of the window...) is leaking... Has anyone else experienced that ? How do they fix that problem.. This, I must say, is a little annoying when you pay 50 000 $ for a car.

, ,

Yes | No

Re: X3 2006 : Has anyone had a left rear door leaking

Yes. Same problem with an X3 bought MArch this year in the UK. BMW are aware of the problem but don't appear to have a fix for it. It looks like a design fault as the roof slopes straight down into the seal. i.e. no lip. It really isn't good enough at all considering the price paid and the expectations of the brand. Rather than leaking directly the water collects between the seal and the door frame and then drops into the car when the doors are open. Interested to see if they solve the problem with the 2007 issue.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information