+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 50165 bruce12861 is an unknown quantity at this point bruce12861's Avatar

Yes | No

Trying to contact:: Karen1122

I am having the same problem you did with the top. Did:

installing a new "latch mechanism and cable"

solve your problem.

TX Bruce

Registered Member
    Member No: 141616 Karen1122 is an unknown quantity at this point Karen1122's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Trying to contact:: Karen1122

Hi Bruce,

I did have the car into the dealer for a replacement of the latch mechanism and cable. This seemed to do the trick as I have not had the problem since, however, I have not had the top down too many times due to the weather.

Registered Member
    Member No: 50165 bruce12861 is an unknown quantity at this point bruce12861's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks, my car is in the shop now with the same exact problem you described. Very frustrating, because it comes and goes at random. I have passed on your fix, I hope they will check it out. I live in Florida so I Use the top all the time. Thanks again

Registered Member
    Member No: 141616 Karen1122 is an unknown quantity at this point Karen1122's Avatar

Yes | No

Bruce,

FYI I found my paperwork and the Service Code is "676105200 - Drive unit for convertible top (convertible top locking) Permanent failure"

Good Luck

Registered Member

Yes | No

Car has been in service for 4 days and they claim that they fixed a switch that monitors top position and they will test the car for another day. This is the 5th time the car has been in the shop and now over 20 days for failures of the convertible to work or getting stuck. I will see if they fixed it, my confidence level is low.
    Thanks

Registered Member

Yes | No

Bruce - HELP!!! - My top trouble is back!!!

I had 3 days over the holiday period where the top was up, the "top open" alarm was on, and the trunk would not open. 2 distinct problems: (1)dealer not open to see the problem in full bloom and (2) Christmas presents in the trunk were not accessable.

Did the work you had done with the sensor solve the problem? If so, do you have a description (service codes) of the work that your dealer did?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information