+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 124788 SrtViper is an unknown quantity at this point SrtViper's Avatar

Yes | No

We can sure screw up a service economy

Went to Crevier BMW in SoCal this morning to begin my search for an M6. I told the salesman my 645 was coming off lease and I wanted to get an M6. Told him that when I got my 645 that the people at Crevier were unpleasant and inflexible when it came to working with me. I told them I wanted to give them a second chance. I said I have friends that paid below MSRP and that I might want European Delivery. I said last time they refused to drop from 10 over and no ED.The salesman says we get $7500 over and no ED. I said that I have other dealers, as I did when I got the 645 who will work with me. I asked to speak with the Sales Manager. He refused to come out to meet me and said we had nothing to discuss. I asked for his name and the salesman refused to give me his last name. Being from NY, I walked into the Sales Managers office and took his card. He asked what was wrong and I explained the situation. He said they didn't care what other dealers do but Crevier doesn't discount M6's.
    How's that for customer service? I hope BMWNA is reading this.

Registered Member
    Member No: 112464 schow is an unknown quantity at this point schow's Avatar

Yes | No

good for you...

I think that the dealership had the wrong attitude. How many M6's do you think BMW will sell? ANYONE willing to pay over 100g for a car should be treated with some degree of respect. BMW is getting into the arena with Aston Martin (Vantage-$120,000 loaded), Maserati, used Bentleys. Personally, having test driven the AM, Maserati (Quattroporte), and the Bentley GT, I would get the Aston for the style and exclusivity. Now, if I can only convince my wife...

Shih-han

P.S. The BMW dealerships in my area (Philadelphia/South Jersey) all do not sell over MSRP, which I give them alot of credit.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Unless a dealer is courteous and demonstrates...

both an interest in your business and an ability to fulfill its representations just move on. Whether you can get much, if any discount on an M6 or M6 conv. now I do not know, but I would certainly never entertain the idea of paying a premium. If dealers in your area are arrogant, buy elsewhere. There are just too many high-end choices for any dealer to put anyone against a wall.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information