+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 146648 andy4b is an unknown quantity at this point andy4b's Avatar

Yes | No

Is my car a lemon?

About 3 months ago i purchased a brand new 2006 chevy cobalt. Since my purchase the battery has completely died about 10 times and the car has to be jumped for it to run again. First i took it to the dealership and they kept my car for a day and 'looked at it'. They told me i needed to replace my 'body control module' and it would fix the problem. So i schedualed an appointment for them to do this. I took it in and left my car there for yet another day. They replaced the part, but could not leave it on because their 'servers were down' and without the required update my car would not start with the new part on. So i took the car back another time and they finally put the part on. A week passed with no dead battery. The other day it happened again. So i will be taking my car to the dealership once again tomorrow. I live in OHIO, but i purchased the car in michigan. (I live about 1 mile from the state line). The michigan lemon law states that i have to take it 4 times for the same problem, or 30 calenderdays it has to be out of service. My question is, what qualifies as a 'repair attempt', that i need 4 of, and how many have they had so far, going by my post.

Also, i deliver pizza to make my money, and it is a big inconvience for me to leave my car for a day.. is the dealership required to give me a loaner car?

AK

Yes | No

Re: Is my car a lemon?

Any time you take the car into the dealer and note the problem on the service request, that counts as a repair attempt, even if they wind up not actually doing anything. They still had an attempt to fix it. I think since you're an Ohio resident, Ohio's laws apply to you and not Michigan's but your best bet is to talk to an attorney. I suggest speaking to one ASAP.

Registered Member
    Member No: 142109 mnepit is an unknown quantity at this point mnepit's Avatar

Yes | No

Also, Make Sure.....

That each time you got a copy of the repair order. I worked at a Chevy dealer here for 6 years. They got around it because they didn't give the owner a copy to prove it was actually in the shop. Records can and were changed so that buy backs didn't happen there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information