+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bent wheels

Alan

Yes | No

Bent wheels

I've got a 2005 Z4 that has three bent wheels, that BMW said was caused by driving on some of the interstates!! While in TX, I learned the owners there are being told the problem is caused by driving on the rough roads in MX. Bmw will do nothing for me. I have installed a Lemon sign in the car. Got any comments?

Registered Member
    Member No: 13623 tcachtung is an unknown quantity at this point tcachtung's Avatar

Yes | No

The only way to bend a wheel is for the wheel....

to hit something, like a hole, road turtle(round tall speed bumps), curb etc..etc. So your dealer is somewhat right. BMW rims are fairly easy to tweek and some Texas roads are not much help. Anouther exasserbating issue is run-flats. If your vehicle has run flats that could have aided in bending rims. Run flats are made so by making very stiff side walls which have little or no give. That helps if you drive around town on flat tires but does little to cushion your rims from a Texas sized pot-hole. Is your car a lemon....? NO! More likely the best candidate for lemon is all Texas municipalities that don't maintain their infrustructor, their roads. Which is pretty much all. Trent Cole, Tech Advisor, Lone Star Chapter, BMW CCA
    President, Lone Star Bavarian, Inc.
    FT. Worth Tx, 76132
    www.lonestarbavarian.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information