+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 146781 bodosund is an unknown quantity at this point bodosund's Avatar

Yes | No

Dumb question, I know :-(

Dumb question, I know, but I am new to the beemer world so I apologize. I recently acquired an '88 635Csi with 149K on it, tires are excellent, interior is decent, car runs like a champ and cosmetically it is perfect. I only paid $2500 and feel like it is a good deal. Anyway, to my question. I was told that BMW's are very expensive for things like oil changes, etc. Is this true? Can you run regular 30w oil in it or does it have to be different oil? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help..

Bb

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey I thought we already trained you :)

For dumb questions go to the e24 board (thats' what you have). j/k Those guys really know their stuff and offer all kinds of good help.
    Just go to the right hand side of this screen and click on 6 series (e24).

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth w/ snap in adapter, V1 CIP 20.02 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 146781 bodosund is an unknown quantity at this point bodosund's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Hey I thought we already trained you :)

Sorry..I thought I WAS in the e24 :-) My car background is American muscle, so it is going to take me a little while to get used to the European thing..

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Hey I thought we already trained you :)

I'm only being a smart a** as this e63 is my first BMW as well. But I have participated in the Southeast Sharkfest which is a major e24 event at the gracious invite of the e24 community and they are really into these great cars. If you want to meet a great bunch of people with true interest in all things BMW and especially the e24s then you ought to try to join up with this next major meet in April '07. Some of us new 6ers will be there as well.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth w/ snap in adapter, V1 CIP 20.02 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 65692 TaylorM is an unknown quantity at this point TaylorM's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks BTW for cross posting that ToD stuff to

the E24 board ...great reading and I really enjoyed it.
    Don't mind me... just dropping in here from time to time to see how the other half drives :)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Thanks BTW for cross posting that ToD stuff to

No problem, and thanks for dropping by. I enjoy the e24 board as you guys are real motorheads, what I was once upon a time, but WAY before such a thing as the internet and forums like this. Besides I stay tuned into the happenings of Sharkfest as Kai and Nat were gracious enough to include us in the festivities this year and looking forward to April up in Asheville.
    _______

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information