+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 29992 bpbutler is an unknown quantity at this point bpbutler's Avatar

Yes | No

2007 X3 pricing in Bay Area - any input?

Does anyone know what the Bay Area dealers are doing on pricing on the 2007 X3 models?

I was curious how much over invoice or discount on msrp the dealers are getting?

Thanks in advance.

BB

Registered Member
    Member No: 5943 rirrgang is an unknown quantity at this point rirrgang's Avatar

Yes | No

It's like any other car. If they can sell them

fast, they won't deal on them. If they don't move them fast enough, the price will drop. On a bad day you can expect to have the dealer drop a few thousand of MSRP. Just don't mix a trade-in with a new car deal. Most dealers will give you the impression that you are getting a great deal. Make the deal on the new car first, then make the deal to trade your car in if that's the route you are going to take. Also, don't only look at the price of the car, look at the price of financing it. A few percent in interest will really add up to the bottom line rather quickly.
    -Rick
    www.livesafeandhealthy.net
    www.mothersmakingmoney.com
    BMWCCA 162285
    06 X3 Silver Gray/Black / Sport / Prem / Step
    05 Dolphin 5376, (that's 37' of fun)

Registered Member
    Member No: 29992 bpbutler is an unknown quantity at this point bpbutler's Avatar

Yes | No

I was looking for input from Bay Area owners.....

Registered Member

Yes | No

All dealers pay the same for their cars. The

same rules apply. BMW doesn't have dealers in small towns that can't support the brand so things are pretty equal. We don't have Acura / Lexus / MB / Jag / BMW or any other premium brand up in Prescott but down in the valley of the sun you'll find them all. I think you'll find all dealers are willing to deal on stuff they can't move and won't on stuff they can.
    -Rick
    BMWCCA 162285

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks - but that is info I already know.......

I am looking for input from recent X3 buyers in the Bay Area to get a feel for what type of deals that they were able to negotiate.

There are quite a few BMW dealers in the Bay Area, so pricing is more competitive than in single dealer markets.

I fully understand the laws of automotive supply and demand - but getting info from "the horses's mouth" so to speak, will be much more useful to me than economic speculation from an out of state enthusiast.

Thanks for the input though!

Cheers,

BP

Registered Member

Yes | No

Good luck. Get in the game, it's not hard to buy

a new car and get a decent deal. BTW, before you jump on the best price, see how they take care of you after the sale. That's something I'd be asking here way before "where do I get it the cheapest". When spending 40k plus for a X3 a couple of thousand of dollars is a couple of percent of the sales price. Find a dealer that will treat you right and buy from them. I recommend My BMW in Seaside Ca. (Monterey). We bought a few new BMWs from them and always get treated with class and respect. The service dept is the best one I've ever dealt with.
    -Rick
    BMWCCA 162285

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information