+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 73975 dug01 is an unknown quantity at this point dug01's Avatar

Yes | No

Ready to buy an X3--question--

Dealer searched and found exactly what we wanted in color and options--now I am thinking about adding the Navagation--How good is it--is it worth the $1800--I am getting the dealer installed sirius radio and I think the nav screen will display the radio-Is the nav as good as say one of the $500 portable units sold aftermarket?
    '03 Audi Allroad, '03 Z4, 3.0 6 sp, sterling gray, black top, tan leather, premium, sport, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S, Axxis deluxx plus pads all around, G2 caliper paint, Colgan Bra, WSM, BMW aux adapter, smoked tailights, Black carbon fiber(look)roundels all around, drilled muffler, sylvania silverstars, Acrylic Convertible Windscreen, Aluminum pedal set, Convertible Top Covers, Green Filter, Alutec front strut bar set.

Registered Member
    Member No: 102683 mikemcn is an unknown quantity at this point mikemcn's Avatar

Yes | No

We use a Magellan

because we can move it from car to car. It works better than the factory systems of a couple of years ago, but I haven't compared it to the newest factory stuff.

I would prefer the factory integration, but not at the list price. Our Magellan was about $800 new and costs about $100 per year to keep up to date. Others prefer the Garmin units.

I'd suggest you try to compare a car with and without, but both with the satellite radio. That may be tough to arrange, but would get you your answer.

Mike Mc
    '04 X3 3.0
    '06 Z4 3.0si coupe
    '99 Z3

Registered Member
    Member No: 5943 rirrgang is an unknown quantity at this point rirrgang's Avatar

Yes | No

When you say "add navigation" you mean

aftermarket, right? Once a X3 is built the dealer can't add it without major surgery and cost. I've read in the neighborhood of 4-5k. Garmin makes some really great GPS unit though.
    -Rick
    www.livesafeandhealthy.net
    www.mothersmakingmoney.com
    BMWCCA 162285
    06 X3 Silver Gray/Black / Sport / Prem / Step
    05 Dolphin 5376, (that's 37' of fun)

Registered Member
    Member No: 29695 mnoble is an unknown quantity at this point mnoble's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Ready to buy an X3--question--

I think the aftermarket units are a better deal. You can get great prices on the internet and you can transfer the unit between cars, take it on trips, etc. $1,800 is way too much money too spend compared to the Garmins, Magellans, etc. I have a Garmin 2620 with a custom window mount. I spent $740 for what was then the top of the line. ZSCCA Area Rep for PA
    Newsletter Editor for the ZSCCA

'05 Z4 2.5L, Sterling Gray/Dream Red/Black. Premium Package, Sport Package, Zenon, Heated Seats, Whalen Shift Machine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information