+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 14005 EdwinV is an unknown quantity at this point EdwinV's Avatar

Yes | No

Center Console Removal

Hi All,

I'm trying to remove the old cell phone bracket mounted on the center console. In order to do this, I've got to remove the center console. So far, I removed 4 screws (1 under the dust boot, 1 in the compartment where the bracket is mounted and two in the rear of the console which is hidden under the cigarette lighter). What else am I missing? Are there any clips or screws that I can't see? I'm kinda going kookoo trying to get this console off and I don't know what else is needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

FYI, I also have the permanent center console in the rear.

Registered Member
    Member No: 147189 LagunaM5 is an unknown quantity at this point LagunaM5's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Center Console Removal

If you have the console between the rear buckets, you have to remove that console first before you can take off the central one with the E brake. Pull both rear seat bottoms. pull straight up from the front edge...it might take a lof of effort. Then remove the center console and the intermediate piece just in front of the drawer. it is possible to leave the drawer installed, but you have to take the cover off. Only after the intermediate piece is gone can you remove the main console with the E brake.

Eric Lee
    91 M5

join http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bmwe34m5/ for more info.

andre

Yes | No

Re: Center Console Removal

need some info on removal and installation of center link 1994 540 bmw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information