+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 127433 bjornbmw is an unknown quantity at this point bjornbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Ordered M6 convertible

Hi,

I've ordered my M6 convertible last Saturday. Specs are as follows:

- Individual Pack 2: Rubinschwarz on the outside and full leather (including the dash) Merino Goldbrown.
    - BMW I pod interface.
    - Eisenmann exhaust (not fully convinced yet so that part is still open).
    - AC schnitzer Leichtbau Schmiedefelgen Type V (20")
    - Rest is full option per Belgian Specs.

Is there anyone out there with an Eisenmann exhaust on the M6 convertible? If so could you tell me if it isn't too noisy? It may be fun in the beginning but can get too much for every day use. The standard sound of the M6 is already great and I'm just scared that the Eisenmann may be too noisy for the convertible.

Thanks for the feedback.

PS: Delivery is foreseen for end of March 07. Now the hard part begins = WAITING! _________
    Björn
    BMW 630i carbon schwarz, Cream beige, full spec, Hartge 21 inch Classic 2 rims, Hartge 4-split exhaust

Registered Member
    Member No: 42672 marc.scroggins is an unknown quantity at this point marc.scroggins's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Ordered M6 convertible

Check out M 6 B O A R D .com

(remove spaces first). That message board has tons of info on the M6, including various modification made by owners.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Plus one

Agree, that board is the single best source for all things M6
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth w/ snap in adapter, V1 CIP 20.02 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 127433 bjornbmw is an unknown quantity at this point bjornbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks DallasBMR and cobradav

Truly interesting web site with loads of info.

I found some comments on the Eisenmann but only for the Coupe not for the Convertible.

Cheers._________
    Björn
    BMW 630i carbon schwarz, Cream beige, full spec, Hartge 21 inch Classic 2 rims, Hartge 4-split exhaust

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

M6 convertible cost differential?

If you did a comparison before ordering, do you know the current premium for the M6 convert over the 650 convert? I am personally thinking about it for the replacement of my 645 cic and wondering if the cost is worth it. Thanks.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Difficult one Howard

First of all, BMW's are a LOT more expensive in Belgium compared to US pricing. Therefore, you would have to check your numbers. The numbers on this side of the ocean are as follows:

A 650 convertible with almost the same specs as the M6 convertible as I ordered would cost EURO 116,995.00 (incl. VAT) (= full list) = $ 154,433.00 USD

The M6 with the specs as I took it goes for EURO 141,883.36 (incl. VAT) = $ 187,286.03 USD.

Since I have bought quite a few BMW's before they gave me a very nice reduction of EURO 10,000.00 leaving me with EURO 131,000.00 or a net difference of EURO 14,000.00 (650 vs M6).

For me this is worth it. The M6 is a TOTALLY different car compared to the 650. The 650 is more of a cruiser. The M6 can be a cruiser too but you can turn it into a real sports car by the simple push of a button and that is an option you will never have with the 650.

I guess it is a very personal question at the end of the day. For me, having test driven the M6 for 3 hours, the choice was very easy to make. The engine sound, handling of the car, looks and the fact that you get 3 cars in one, make the M6 the clear winner.

Hope this helps but I would certainly suggest that you ask your dealer to arrange a test drive with both the M6 and 650. Then ... and only then will you be able to make up your mind and decide if the price difference is worth it.

Good luck.

Registered Member
    Member No: 42672 marc.scroggins is an unknown quantity at this point marc.scroggins's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M6 convertible cost differential?

Howard the sticker for a fully loaded M6 convertible is about $114k including the gas guzzler tax. I'm not sure what an 07 650 costs so I can't say how much the differential is between the two.

I've had my M6 since November 1st and had a 645 previously. The M6 is an incredible car and although it is on the same platform as the 650 it rides and handles much better - and with 500 ponies is obviously much faster. Mine is currently in the shop getting it's break in service done so to date I have driven it very tame and I'm looking forward to getting it back so I can open it up and see what it will do. Even so, it's hard to say the price differential is "worth it". That is a very subjective thing.

I will say that the M6 is more car than anyone could need (unless you are driving the autobahn every day). Also, with the SMG tranny, it's not an automatic. If you want a smooth cruiser stick with the 650 but if you want to be more involved with the driving experience and the feel of a manual tranny you will love the M6. The biggest downer is the size of the gas tank. Gas mileage is plus or minus 13 MPG - that coupled with a small gas tank = frequent trips to the gas station.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information