+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111909 sweet545 is an unknown quantity at this point sweet545's Avatar

Yes | No

MP3 activation with upgrade, costs??

Does anyone know if there should be a charge for a MP3 activation requested to be performed during the course of a "covered" software upgrade?

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

It should be free.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Free and rare indeed that I've heard of any dealer

even trying to charge.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth w/ snap in adapter, V1 CIP 20.02 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 111909 sweet545 is an unknown quantity at this point sweet545's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Free and rare indeed that I've heard of any dealer

I took the car in yesterday and asked that they activate MP3 with the required update of the software of other issues. The service rep indicated to me that he was not sure what it would cost and would let me know today after he looked into it. I am not sure if he will come back with a charge for that but wanted to get the feedback from the forum so that I knew how to respond. Thanks very much for you input. I'll keep everyone posted.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Sent email with Service Bulletin attachment on MP3

Should you need it to prove "free" (under warranty provisions)
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth w/ snap in adapter, V1 CIP 20.02 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Sent email with Service Bulletin attachment on MP3

Thanks for the info.

Fortunately when I picked the car up from the dealer (after leaving it there for 3 days) they did complete many of the items that I left it there for (including a program update) and the service ticket indicated that MP3 disks "will play in the in dash CD and DVD drives", it does not indicate that they successfully tested this. There was no charge for this item.

Unfortunately, I can not get a MP3 disk to play.

Any thoughts on why?? I am using Nero software to burn my disks and they will play in my other vehicles MP3 enabled aftermarket stereo.

I am assuming that they did not actually perform the activation.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Sent email with Service Bulletin attachment on MP3

That's the only reasonable assumption one can make. Ask them to demonstrate the "will play...."
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information