+ Reply to Thread
    Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 74678 mpeeran is an unknown quantity at this point mpeeran's Avatar

Yes | No

100W Fog Lights?

Hi,
    I saw Philips H3 110W off-road fog light that will fit on my 1998 E38. I have a concern....Will this cause problems in my electrical system? I am trying to get more light on the road....Have tried the PIAA lights... but that did not really help much...Please advise on what I should do here....Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 135142 g__man is an unknown quantity at this point g__man's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 100W Fog Lights?

No worries what so ever. For like 5 years I've had nothing but 100W bulbs in everything. (Highs, lows, fogs)

I have never seen an issue.

G__Man
    1998 328i
    Acrtic Silver / Blk. Lthr.
    Premium / Cold weather - Pkg
    225 x 17 x 45's on M-Contour rims
    ECIS Cold Air Intake
    SS Cat Back Exh
    ZKW Euro Ellipsoid Headlights w/ DDE
    8500K GP Thunder
    V1 Radar

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 74678 mpeeran is an unknown quantity at this point mpeeran's Avatar

Yes | No

Hi,
    Thanks for the input.. The light power is 100W not 110W .. and one more question.. What is the longevity of these lights...Do they burn out a lot... I do drive at night for a while...(Long commute to home from work!).

Registered Member
    Member No: 135142 g__man is an unknown quantity at this point g__man's Avatar

Yes | No

The life is not too bad. I would suggest getting a bulbs from Hella. Or some other quality company. Think German. :)G__Man
    1998 328i
    Acrtic Silver / Blk. Lthr.
    Premium / Cold weather - Pkg
    225 x 17 x 45's on M-Contour rims
    ECIS Cold Air Intake
    SS Cat Back Exh
    ZKW Euro Ellipsoid Headlights w/ DDE
    8500K GP Thunder
    V1 Radar

palyda

Yes | No

用HID灯就好了

jayb

Yes | No

have 100W in E30 for many years and

no problems. The low beams are something like 80/100W, high are 100W--they last a few years. Only buy Hella--cost me about $8.50 a bulb from my local auto store as special order (otherwise it can be much more expensive). Did some research on using them for Fog lights on E30, and the feedback i got from someone who uses fog lights all the time is because the heat builds up in such a small space, they will last 6 to 12 months. I did not put them into fog lights. I also heard from one person who said on the fog lights it melted the lens--but that may be dependent on car.
    You may have to do what i did with increasing the fuse for the bulbs. I think the original on E30 was a 7.5 W fuse, 10 W was too small, i went to 15 W, no problems after having them in for 12 years. No issue with the wiring handling the load.
    when using low beams on the 80W/100W bulb, no issues with any oncoming car flashing you, no probem it they are aimed properly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information