+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garage Envy

Registered Member
    Member No: 127439 rsunter is an unknown quantity at this point rsunter's Avatar

Yes | No

Garage Envy

Always wanted a large enough space to store my cars and the regular family commuters. But, I only have a two car garage with a standard height ceiling and the wife refuses to chip ice in the winter (can't say I blame her!).

So, I looked around and found this beauty on a private estate. The original owner was a serious collector, but the new owner doesn't need the space...so I lease it from them. It's heated, air conditioned and complete with a security system.

There's a complete working bay attached to the rear and a separate "detail" room attached to the front!

To defray costs, I take in renters. With space for 16 cars, I could give up a little room. If you're ever in the New Haven, CT area, look me up.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13147 tomcat is an unknown quantity at this point tomcat's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Garage Envy

How much do you pay...how much for a space (just curious)?

Registered Member
    Member No: 127439 rsunter is an unknown quantity at this point rsunter's Avatar

Yes | No

I lease the facility for what most people pay for a home mortgage. But spaces are available at $200/mo. It's like locking your favorite ride into a climate controlled vault. I even have thru-wall exhaust ports.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13147 tomcat is an unknown quantity at this point tomcat's Avatar

Yes | No

Danke!
    Just curious

Mark M

Yes | No

Question about Details...

So how would you manage security and access for several renters?

Say I store my 360 Modena in your facility. How could I feel secure knowing that other renters also have access to the facility? Say someone storing a 'lesser' car wanted to check my car out, or lean against it, or say a couple guys working on a car accidently started a fire? Or say another renter ran his mouth at a bar which lead to 'Gone in 60 seconds' and thus several cars are boosted?

I admit I admire your garage facility, just asking some elementary questions about details.

Thanks.

Boz

Yes | No

Re: Question about Details...

The answer is quite simple. I hold the key and the security code to the facility. Anyone entering is accompanied by me or the landowner. The building is secure and monitored 24x7.

Come and visit for yourself.

Registered Member
    Member No: 150035 head_dunce is an unknown quantity at this point head_dunce's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow, that's one nice stable to keep those horses in!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information