+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 147762 mpower123 is an unknown quantity at this point mpower123's Avatar

Yes | No

650i coupe or Audi RS4

This might be a wrong place to ask because you all are mostly 6-series owners or are going to be and hence biased :) But, I am trying to decide what I should get between 650i vs Audi RS4. This will be my only car and CO winter can get tricky with rear wheel drive. I love BMWs compared Audis but RS4 might be practical if this is the only car I want to keep. What do you all who live in snowy areas think?

Thanks for you responses.

Registered Member
    Member No: 147762 mpower123 is an unknown quantity at this point mpower123's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 650i coupe or Audi RS4

Ideally, in the future (5+ yrs) I would like to have a play car and a winter car. The winter car would be a AWD like RS4 and play car would be 6-series. So, would you buy winter car or play car first?

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Live in Boston and have both. The RS4 for winter..

and the 06 BMW 650i Conv. sport for nice weather. I put BMW Radial Spoke 118 wheels with Dunlop Wniter Sport tires for the winter here and will take delivery of the 07 RS4 later this afternoon. I will have to get winter tires for the Audi, but will stay with the stock 19's and just change them to the summer tires.
    There is no quesiton that Quattro is tough to beat in the cold and snow with the right winter tires, but the 650 with 18' wheels and good winter compound and tread tires will very likely do better than the vast majority of cars on the winter roads.
    I have had my 650 connv for 6 months and it is a phenominal automible. I cannot find fault with anything of significance, althought he slowness of the iDrive processor takes a bit of getting used to. If I could have only one, it would be the BMW.
    The RS4 is a totally different vehicle and is more engaging than the BMW to drive, but one cannot go wrong with either. I can give you more feedback on the RS4 in a week or so of driving it, although it will not be broken in, so I will not get into the upper reaches of rpm with the 8250 rpm redline. I view the RS4 as my fun car.

Registered Member
    Member No: 26083 r.merkle is an unknown quantity at this point r.merkle's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Live in Boston and have both. The RS4 for winter..

i think you answeresd your own question. in Co you really need the 4x4 more than a 650. be sure to get the audi with the all weather tire option. thank god im in seattle and have a 4x4 PU so i'd have to descide. my a4 and tt were great snow cars.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Live in Boston and have both. The RS4 for winter..

My 2000 A6 4.2 was fabulous in the snow and ice with Dunlop Winter Sport tires on 17" wheels.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information