+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Marco in Rockville

Yes | No

radar detectors

Since some of us live either in or around DC and Virginia, I was wondering how many use radar detectors. I live in Maryland and can purchase one legally. However, how many of you keep them on when in juristictions where they are not legal.

I heard that the cops in Virginia now have the Specter III detectors so its not a good idea to have them on...at least in the commonwealth. Bel's new STI driver is supposed to be invisible, even to the most advanced radar detector - detector. I've seen several tests to show this to be the case. Just wondering if anyone is using the STI driver in the area and what their experiences are. At $450, it's not cheap and I'm debating between that and the Valentine. If I didn't live around DC/Virginia, I would get the V1 but the STI has peaked my interest.

Thanks in advance

Marco
    91 850 six-spd.

Registered Member
    Member No: 89831 oiseaux is an unknown quantity at this point oiseaux's Avatar

Yes | No

I've stuck with my V-1 through 2 updates and...

... have been pleased with it. I usually just pull my V-1 down when traveling through VA. There may be prettier models out there, but none better and the arrows are valuable.Live long, drive well and prosper!

BimmerShifter since 1969; currently
    '93 850CiA, 167k miles

Marco in Rockville

Yes | No

Thanks Roger

I'm thinking of getting the V1...at least leaning that way. Seems like so many people have it and very few have complained. I mainly drive in MD so it's not that big a deal. Thanks!

PS. It's great to see you posting again. Hope to see you and your wife soon now that your about to retire. Take care my friend and enjoy the ride.

Brian

Yes | No

Re: radar detectors

I live in NOVA and I all ways have my v1 on. I have a remote display at the gauges and the police never notice it. The V1 is great for radar but they are starting to use a lot of laser here :-/

Brian

Yes | No

photo

Marco in Rockville

Yes | No

Thanks Brian

I've seen more and more laser in Montgomery county as well. I'm going to get the V1. Besides it being one of the best ones out there, I'm leaning that way because it's upgradable too. I'm wondering how many falses people will start getting due to all the new technology that are going into cars. I'm starting to see more high end cars with radar cruize control and a new system that monitors distance and will apply the breaks automatically before you hit the car infront. I hope that these will be on other frequencies but I already hear of falses linked to some cars...

Is the unit clipped on the visor? That's an interesting display above the mirror :)

Marco

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information