+ Reply to Thread
    Tom Doherty

Yes | No

Service for Z8 in Orange County

I live in Indianapolis, but drove my Z8 out to San Francisco this past September. I drove the car down to Orange County in San Clemente this past week where I think I will keep it for at least until the summer.

I would like to know where members would take their cars as mine is past its warranty.

I need at least rear tires...will probably replace the set and am looking at PS2's. I think I would use TireRack and would want to find a very good outfit to mount them, road force balance, align etc.

I also think either I have a front right bearing problem ( a little vibration) and want to have the car checked and repaired. I used to drive my car from Indianapolis to Cincinnati because the BMW Store their was just fantastic.

Is the dealer in Irvine a place for what I want done? Is it a place to develope a relationship, or is their a really good independent that will give me more personal and caring service?

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Tom Doherty

p.s. --- I was fortunate to attend a Fisker Event in LA thursday. Mr. Fisker is quite the gentleman...the cars are gorgeous and the house that they hosted it in was stunning.

Registered Member
    Member No: 106504 killersharkbear is an unknown quantity at this point killersharkbear's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Service for Z8 in Orange County

There are a few of us trying to find the right shop to do the performance upgrade in OC. Irvine BMW appears to have the most experience and have a good reputation for service and support. Avoid Crevier at all cost. They failed to tighten my lug bolts after inspecting it. BMS Racing in Santa Ana is well known among the racing crowd and has a good reputation as well.

Rob

GregJ

Yes | No

I would concur on Irvine BMW having the most experience with Z8's in our area. I would also avoid McKenna BMW in Norwalk, they seem to be totally clueless on Z8's. I do not know of any independants. That is a problem with such a low volume car. The exclusivity is part of it's appeal but that also means not many people have seen them.

Yes, the Fisker car is stunning and Henrik is "the Man."

Registered Member
    Member No: 44681 Z8Bob is an unknown quantity at this point Z8Bob's Avatar

Yes | No

I agree with Greg. Irvine BMW is the only place in The OC to service your Z8. See Ernesto Heredia, the Service Manager. Tell him Bob & Greg sent you.

Tom Doherty

Yes | No

Thank you for the market intelligence!

Thank you Greg, Bob and Killersharkbear for your thoughts and advice. I will follow up with the folks at the dealership in Irvine.

Tom Doherty

Registered Member
    Member No: 46738 CasaMiller is an unknown quantity at this point CasaMiller's Avatar

Yes | No

Any recommendations as to South OC locations for Audio work (iPod interface installation)?

mauricio

Yes | No

they all suck, I my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz8 spent more times in service that I had chance to drive it, not just for all the factory deffects also the bad services and ignorance they screw up so many times tha they have to keep it to repairs their own screwups, maybe BMW is ok with any of their other line of cars, but for the Z8's is another size shirt, it felt like planets appart. Stay away from ASSAEL BMW, MACKENA BMW, SOUTH BAY BMW,LONG BEACH BEACH BMW (THE WORST)
    That's why decided to happily return the car after my lease was up!
    good luck every one! ex zorro8

rwwinsz8

Yes | No

San Diego might be a choice. I have had terrfic service with BMW of San Diego. Ask for Glen in Service 858-560-5050

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information