+ Reply to Thread
    oberonae

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No

boxster remote key not working

I recently purchased an 01 boxster S. Recently, one of the remote keys stopped working, none of the trunks/doors open when pressed and the red LED stays on the entire time. Replaced it with a fresh battery and it worked for a bit but within a week did the same thing. This just started happening on my 2nd set of remote keys. Taking the battery out and putting it back in has no effect.

Any ideas? Is it caused by not using it? I put the keys into the ignition and started the car but that doesn't fix anything afterwards. The hard door opening and car starting ignition still works however at least.

Jimmy

Yes | No

Re: boxster remote key not working

The same thing has just happened to me, someone please help!

Georgeo Pulikkathara
    Member No: Georgeo Pulikkathara's Avatar

Yes | No

I had the same problem this morning. I just called the Barrier Porsche Dealership, and they told me to remove the battery, put it back in upside down, and then push some buttons. Apparently that clears it. It's working for me now. Try it out and see if that works for you as well.

George

Dave Gray

Yes | No

I know exactly what is happening and it happens on my Boxster too (2003 Boxster).

Your key has lost synchronization with your car and can be reset by doing the following:

1. Manually unlock your car using the key
    2. Open the car door (note if your alarm goes off, put your key in the ignition to stop the alarm.
    3. Press the unlock button on your remote and the remote will resynchronize with your car.

This is stated in the owners manual but you have to look for it.

Note: If you leave your car locked for more than 5 consecutive days, the car will deactive the remote receiver to reduce battery load and you will be forced to use the procedures listed above to reset it.

jeff

Yes | No

thanks dave,

your advice was really helpful - got things working again for me.

sygre

Yes | No

Re: boxster remote key not working,

Johnny

Yes | No

I tried the suggestions mentioned but still no success. One set works OK but the other just flashes with no results. Any more ideas folks??

Satnitespecl455

Yes | No

User Level 1
    Member No: 189914 Raifm is an unknown quantity at this point Raifm's Avatar

Yes | No

Boxster Remot problems

Hello all, I have a Porsche Boxster. I had the same problem. My remote completely stopped working. I pulled the battery out and removed the battery holder power connector by de-soldering the connector leads. I re-soldered all of the components. Cleaned with alcohol, and reinstalled the battery connector and battery. I then tested it. My remote works like a new remote. I have two remotes, and the same problem happened to that remote also. Both of my remotes work great…
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 207.114.139.254

User Level 1
    Member No: 189914 Raifm is an unknown quantity at this point Raifm's Avatar

Yes | No

Boxster Remot problems

Hello all, I had the same problem. My remote completely stopped working. I pulled the battery out and removed the battery holder power connector by de-soldering the connector leads. I re-soldered all of the components. Cleaned with alcohol, and reinstalled the battery connector and battery. I then tested it. My remote works like a new remote. I have two remotes, and the same problem happened to that remote also. Both of my remotes work great…

I hopt this helps
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 207.114.139.254

User Level 1
    Member No: 191740 mike.m is an unknown quantity at this point mike.m's Avatar

Yes | No

porsche boxster key not working

Are you aware that the remote shuts down to safe the battery if it has not been used for 5 days.
    To reactivate simply unlock the drivers door with the key.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 194.216.126.14

User Level 1
    Member No: 194370 johnyg is an unknown quantity at this point johnyg's Avatar

Yes | No
    I have a 986 Boxster and after returning from my holidays the remote key stopped working. I've tried all of the above mentioned procedures, but no success. On the top of this the key led doesn't blink as long as I keep the button pushed, but it blinks only once in each second.
    Any idea how to get it work?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 188.220.147.13

User Level 1
    Member No: 203606 Teve62 is an unknown quantity at this point Teve62's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gray View Post
    I know exactly what is happening and it happens on my Boxster too (2003 Boxster).

Your key has lost synchronization with your car and can be reset by doing the following:

1. Manually unlock your car using the key
    2. Open the car door (note if your alarm goes off, put your key in the ignition to stop the alarm.
    3. Press the unlock button on your remote and the remote will resynchronize with your car.

This is stated in the owners manual but you have to look for it.

Note: If you leave your car locked for more than 5 consecutive days, the car will deactive the remote receiver to reduce battery load and you will be forced to use the procedures listed above to reset it.
    You nailed it, and found the procedure in the book as well, many thanks for the cue.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 162.158.126.39

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information