+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

damion

Yes | No

vdo oil pressure sender install....

anybody done this one the e28 m5 or 6?? there doesnt seem to be enough romm for installation, the mount underneath the altenator has a ridge keeping me from getting the sender lined up with the threads properly...very close but tilted. anyone know about an adapter?
    does part # 360024 work with taking apart the base of the altenator bracket mount? input is appriecated! I will be more diligent and patient with it if I know its just me but it seems impos..
    Damion

damion

Yes | No

project finished...heres the scoop ( long)

its a [Oops!].
    really. take out the air box, with the rubber coupling to the intake plenum still attached.easy...loosen the coolant hoses that are in the way and drain and rotate out of obstuction...easy.
    now get out a 110 volt dremel with a carbide grinder and start grinding away at the bracket underneath and in front of the facory sendr...( leave it in for awhile to shield the hole from metal shavings) use your imagination until youve ground what you think is enough. then try to screw in the vdo sender....still more needs to come off??? wow really..
    do not grind the terminal ends on the vdo sender, the contacts inside will be damaged. ( i had to resolder)
    I also suggest prewiring the sender using 4mm nuts and lock washers instead of the turn thingies vdo gives you. trust me, ( clearance again) when you prewire, dont use terminal ends, just twist the wire and attach or you will have cleance issues.
    a real bich, about as much work as doing the brake booster if you have a similair experience as I did. btw, the gauge mouts perfectly to the right of the fog light switch, you will need to be carful cutting the plastic...I used a blow torch to heat up a small knife blade to do the cutting. came out great. good luck

bruce in Canada

Yes | No

A pic would be cool

damion

Yes | No

Re: A pic would be cool.....comingnup soon

will do...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information