+ Reply to Thread
    Jay 90' 750il 157K
    Member No: Jay 90'  750il  157K's Avatar

Yes | No

I smell Anti-Freeze inside !

What is that from ? Heater Core leaking a assume ?? its progressivly gotten worse over the last 2 yrs, it was so slight at first it wasn't an issue, I live in ATL so the heater isn't on much at all ....... How big of a Fix is this going to be ? Thanks inadvance ....... Jay

Registered Member
    Member No: 14327 Highline is an unknown quantity at this point Highline's Avatar

Yes | No

you can block the heater core

if you do not need it. Just block the hoses with a blind disk which enter the heater core.
    Otherwise you might have to replace the heater core or maybe just one of the connections is leaking.
    www.autohausaz.com has the gaskets.Shogun's E32 Tech Tips: http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 13814
    Inner Circle ©157 since: Aug 14, 2003 cheung1 is an unknown quantity at this point cheung1's Avatar

Yes | No

blind disk--is that someth' one can buy?

highline, is the blind disk something one can buy in a hardware store or something to cut out from sheet metal? There are hose pincher but the way it flattens a hose section I am afraid it is possible to split it. I use a garden brass valve but that required two other brass adapters.Patrick C 88 750 1559K

Registered Member
    Member No: 14327 Highline is an unknown quantity at this point Highline's Avatar

Yes | No

you have to make it

it is just a piece of metal which fits exactly into the hose or pipe. We use these pieces often to regulate the flow of a fluid in pipes by drilling a hole in it. Small hole = low flow, bigger hole, bigger flow, no hole = blind disk = no flow.
    The garden brass valve as you made it is basically for the same effect. Whatever is easiest.Shogun's E32 Tech Tips: http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm

Registered Member
    Member No: 183658 Grillmaster is an unknown quantity at this point Grillmaster's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I smell Anti-Freeze inside !

where are the two locations the blind discs need to go?

Registered Member
    Member No: 183658 Grillmaster is an unknown quantity at this point Grillmaster's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: you have to make it

Could someone tell me specifically which hoses to block off.

Maybe I can use an Allen head bolt and a hose clamp to block off. Anyone happen to know the inside diameter of the tube?

Also.. I don't need a heater but will my windshield defroster still work? Guess it wont be as foggy anymore without the leak under the dash.

Registered Member

Yes | No

or maybe I can just bypass the heater core by connecting the two hoses?

Registered Member

Yes | No

This is a great post.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw/bmw-7-series-e32/forum.php?postid=8761914&page=1

But I am not sure what hoses to plug. It looks like there are three going into the firewall??? I don't understand why there are three and what needs to be plugged to solve my leak problem. I'm loosing a lot of coolent and am at the point where I don't care about heat anymore.

Registered Member

Yes | No

HELP HELP HELP!

HELP HELP HELP HELP

Can anyone anwser this question. coolent leaking bad need to block it off but not sure what hoses to plug.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw/bmw-7-series-e32/forum.php?postid=8761914&page=1

It looks like there are three going into the firewall??? I don't understand why there are three and what needs to be plugged to solve my leak problem. I'm loosing a lot of coolent and am at the point where I don't care about heat anymore.

Thanks,
    Kirk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information