+ Reply to Thread
    James80Euro635

Yes | No

Potential Scam

Thought this message should be brought to the attention of the board and webmaster. Seems sketchy and I've heard tale of too many money order/ cashier check schemes. I've responded notifying him that the price and pictures are in the ad and have recieved no response.
    I will keep updating if situation changes. response also seems very generic would like to know if anyone else has recieved the same.
    -James80Euro635
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
    Subject: *** 635Csi FOR SALE*** info request from RoadflyDate: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:47:09 -0500 (EST)

>Hello,
    >i am interested in buying this car.but first i will like to let you know that he will be paying in Money Orders or Cashier Check.so if you\'re ok with mode of payment pls get back to me with your full name,address and also the final item price.Please note that the payment for shipping and insurance is also included in this draft,and should be forwarded to the shipping company, after deducting your own agreed final price.Consequently, i\'ll appreciate it so much if i could have some pictures of the item.pls do get back to me asap so that the check can be mail out to you.i hope to read from you soon.
    >
    >Thanks...
    >
    >

Registered Member
    Member No: 154494 ddavis is an unknown quantity at this point ddavis's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Potential Scam

Greetings,
    Thank you for the response.i will like to make out the purchase title to my name Mark E Smith I would love to buy your ( MERCEDES ) am okay with your price $14500. As you know, am buying this, as a suprise for my son So i have instructed my associate there in there in the United States ( VIRGINIA ) who owes me the sum of $18700 He will send you a payment of $18700 through a US Certified Cashiers. All i want you to do as soon as you receive the cheque, send me an
    email that you have received payment, then go and have the US Certified Cashiers Cheque instantly at the cashing point or at your local bank, then deduct your funds$14500. for the item and addition $100 for your running
    around then have the rest of the money wired (sent ) to my shipper through Western Union Money Transfer. My shipper will use this funds to take care of everything necessary for the shipping of this ITEM and 8 of my HORSE TRAILERS down to my house in TN
    So please get back to me and
    i will like you to know that my associate there in USA will be sending your payment to you , as soon as you email me with your required payment details..Kindly reply me with your following payment details, so I can
    inform my associate to make out payment to you immediately:
    YOUR NAME AS TO APPEAR ON CHECK ..........
    YOUR PHYSICAL MAILING ADDRESS ..............
    YOUR PHONE # .........
    My Regards To Your Family.
    Yours Sincerely
    441 Sanders Ferry Rd
    Hendersonville, TN 37075

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information