+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©43 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Is anyone still alive in NorCal?

I check-in every day, but everyone is gone!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Ian

Yes | No

We're still here! Well... I am at least

Where the hell is Kevin??
    I had to do some nasty work on my car in a Taco Bell parking lot last week, that was lots of fun! In the dark too! I've been on a crazy shift schedule for work as well, alternating from 8 AM - 5 PM and 12 PM - 9 PM with a week of on-call (9 PM - 12 AM and all weekend) once a month. How're things with you Viv?? When are you coming down to the bay? :]

Inner Circle ©43 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Glad to hear you're still alive and kicking!

When are you going to get yourself a new ride?
    Haven't heard from Kev, or anyone else for that matter, as you can see. Not sure when I'll be in the bay. Where do you live now?
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

Still lurking, always lurking . . .

Hey Viv!

Thanks for seeing we are still breathing :)

True, not much going on, and as previously mentioned, I do my conversing with the rest of the Sharks on another board now...

But I'll continue to lurk :)
    Cheers, Bob

Yes | No

Good to hear from you.

I saw Wynn's car at last month's meeting. It's lookin' nice. Hadn't seen it for a while.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

still alive?

I think I am.
    I also think that Ian is in the south bay/ San Jose.
    I get all sorts of cookie issues when I try to log on here to post something.
    My life:
    Having some plans drawn up to add ~1200 sq ft to the house so I can actually have parties. This way the kids won't be left with any money to inherit.

If any of you want to spend some money and stay at a Marriott in either Kauai or Maui, I may be able to accomodate you. (less money for the kids to inherit.)

Decided to go a little wider on my tires in the rears, so instead of the 255-40-18 I am trying a 275-35-18 in Kumho ASX. The rear seems to stick and track well. I have yet to try to yank it around any corners.

In total "Viv" fashion, I did pick up some foam pads,backing plate and cleaners for a random orbital I have. It did remove 80%+ of the spiderweb scratches I had on my trunk. Now to do the rest of the car.

71k miles and miss Annalisa Dingolfing is still doing well.

Replaced the sunroof gasket for no particular reason which was a challange to remove the old goop off.

Checked with someone to replace the "lifetime" (har har har) transmission fluid and that will end up being $600.

During the freeze of a couple of weeks ago it seems my windshield squirter hose cracked and needed to be replaced. The price would have been ~$25 to replace the tubing with a BMW part. The cheap bastard in me noted that it looked amazingly just like drip irrigation tubing and I know that stands up the the UV rays just fine. Yanked off the old tubing and replaced it with the drip tubing and Voilla! Done.

Nav hasn't been nice to me, I think it is either the antenna or the computer itself. I bought a Trimble unit and it didn't help. The navigation computer is only working on "dead reckoning" and isn't receiving the satellite signals at all. DVD MKIV in the works???? couldn't tell you yet. One of these days I will buy an antenna to see if that is my problem.

So is my life....

International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 595
    2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Yes | No

Sounds like you're still alive!

How can those poor kids have anything left to inherit when you keep spending it all? Oh, yeah, you have a sugar mama to keep it coming in ;-) I can't even think about doing what you're doing with two college expenses. My baby is just over 43k now and purring along just fine. When the weather gets nicer, I'll be out again with my buffer and will do more than just the trunk. What's up with that? Maybe one of these years we can meet up for coffee again.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

LarryStiver

Yes | No

Always peeking in here

Y'know Viv...I always go to coffee on Friday mornings not too far from your work. Peets on Fair Oaks an Munroe. Sometimes on my own and sometimes meeting up to a dozen friends. Just seems the right thing to do as far as starting a Friday. Little espresso and easy conversation before thinking about work. I am there from about 8:00amish until 9:30am. You would be by far the best looking (is it ok to post that here?) and most interesting of the bunch if you came. Open invitation.

Things well with you?

Yes | No

LOL! Thanks for the compliment ?, and invite, but

unfortunately I work in a different area, and by 9:30, or even 8:00, I'm already deep into work ;-( Things are going OK with me. My car needs a good polishing, but that will have to wait until it gets warmer, and I get some time. BTW, why aren't you running for an office?
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 135943 LarryStiver is an unknown quantity at this point LarryStiver's Avatar

Yes | No

Why aren't you running for an office? ;)

Registered Member

Yes | No

SWEET Momma!!!

Yup, just call me the "house [Oops!]".
    I was pondering last night if I should go down and pick up a job working on the new bay bridge. Alas, since it is going to rain Wed and Thurs. I didn't.
    Primadonnas.
    At 43k you will be catching up with me in no time. You must be taking more trips than before or are you visiting your sons at college?
    We have always saved up for them to go to school so that won't be a problem unless they don't deserve to go. Then someone gets a new car. (not I)
    It gives the kids a incentive to do well in school.
    One of these days I will get up there to have some more mochas. In the meantime have Mark buy you some.

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Yes | No

Well, for 3+ years I helped out in an unofficial

position. Does that count? It's always a few people who do the work/organizing, and it's time for others to step-up-to-the-plate. Plus, I'm usually really busy on the weekends between April and Oct.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Yes | No

You're lucky! I wish I had a sugar daddy and

could work whenever I felt like it. Must be nice.
    Yep, the miles are mostly because of trips to SLO. I've never had a car with so many miles on it for such a young age ;-( Oh, well, the son is worth it!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 135943 LarryStiver is an unknown quantity at this point LarryStiver's Avatar

Yes | No

I am too much of a green weenie to the club

Besides having my hands full with EuroSunday and 8-fest (BMW 8 series events) I wouldn't feel comfortable being in a leadership role for the organization when I am just starting to understand the culture and only now feeling part of the group.

Yes | No

That didn't stop me!

I joined the club to be involved in weekend activities, just like a friend in a fellow car club. His club has something fun planned at least once a month, AND they get volunteers to come up with these actvities. That's when I jumped in and started scheduling the outings. Now it's time for someone else to do the same.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member

Yes | No

U R better looking and a better dancer!

That is all I have left as an excuse!

I really have spent considerable time on eurosunday (which seems to be dominated by BMWs - most of which are not club members!) I am very happy that our club keeps announcing it as an extension of events for our club. That is just perfect for me. My hopes are that we have more people step up in our club doing one "close to the heart" event they will follow through on rather than having had you and Jay do everything!

My "close to the heart" is eurosunday and we have quite a few volunteers helping me grow this thing. While time consuming...it is not taxing my time. I still have a passion for growing it each month and making it better. That is my hopes for what a few individuals can do for our club. Taking on the role you did would wear me out. You and Jay set the bar very high on the caliber of events, and your attention to detail for each event. All the while with no help and a lukewarm responses from most everyone but the core folks of the club. You and Jay were champs during the year I have been there. I hope someone (or preferably 5-10 people) steps up into that role with the same fire you and Jay had for it.

Yes | No

Haha, well, you're not to difficult to look at

either! Heeheee...
    Yes, we jumped in to those activies that we liked to do. I hope others will do the same. It takes a little bit of effort, as you well know, but makes for a fun time for many people.
    On another note, Jay and Dave are trying to get me to autocross my car. No way, but I'll drive one of theirs, and shag cones for them. We'll see what happens in April.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey you two go get a room. ;-)

after almost 4 years I should pay and join the GGC of BMWCCA.
    Am I remiss in my duties?

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Yes | No

Yes, you should! And, we do get in a room

once at month at the meetings!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Ian

Yes | No

Jeez! 43k is a lot????

Hello hello my Nor*Cal roadfly ohana (recently purchased Lilo & Stitch). Work sucks... what's new, 2 errors in 2 weeks... is not fun! Especially in the e-marketing industry... I take it you've been receiving your e-mails for TurboTax lately? There's a good chance I had something to do with that madness and it hasn't been very fun. Working night shifts while on-call, working weekends while on-call, working nights and weekends while NOT on-call. Either way I finally have a chance to get up to Tahoe! Only my second time this season, so damn sad! ;[
    Anyway, it's supposed to get messy up there this weekend so if anyone's heading up please drive saferee! I'm borrowing my roomie's CRV while he's off in New York. The CRV and a 4Runner, not bad I suppose. We've got the cabin again so that's awesome. Kevin, we should definitely set something up!! Even if it's me driving to your place to wash my baby, hell... we can go commie style and wash + wax both of our cars together! I'll bring the beer =D
    I don't live in the south bay, I'm in San Mateo so it's close enough and I don't mind making the trip to Sanjo as long as I can get myself some Yoshinoya hahaha. Let me know man! We can have 2 Mochas each, 1 for Viv and 1 for Mark!
    Ok, I'm kinda drunk and on the morning shift this week :[
    Time to crash for me! Keep in touch all. (It'd be an honor if grnshrk came out to play during the wash and wax session).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information