+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 49091 nader is an unknown quantity at this point nader's Avatar

Yes | No

Door won't lock

Hello,

I picked up my 91 M5 today from the body shop. It's been sitting there about 6 weeks getting new paint. After driving a few miles and making a stop, the car wouldn't lock. At my next destination, the driver door wouldn't close; it wouldn't latch, it would just bounce back open. On my back to the body shop (holding the door closed while driving) I noticed that the door had latched. Anyway, now the driver door closes, but it won't lock. The lock button won't move. The key operates the passenger side doors, but not the driver side doors. I've tried the synchronization in the manual, but that doesn't help. Sometimes it gets the two rear and passenger door synchronized, but the driver door still won't lock.

Can anyone help me? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Nader Ebeid

Prairieman

Yes | No

central locks - lotsa fun...

I have spent several hours recently trying to isolate an annoying problem with my wife's 1992 735i central locking system. The Bentley manual provides a unique chapter just for this system, so what does that tell you ?

The site below is a terrific resource to understand the system and learn about the most probable failure modes. While it is devoted to the E32 7 series, virtually all of the information pertains to the E34 as well.

After throwing a few parts at the E32 without success, I was forced to break out wiring diagrams and a volt/ohm meter. Finally found my problem to be a broken wire (somewhere inside the door) to the driver's door micro-switch.

http://bmwe32.masscom.net

have fun !

let us know what you learn,

Brad
    1979 635CSi
    1991 M5
    1992 735i

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information