+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 107865 ptsales is an unknown quantity at this point ptsales's Avatar

Yes | No

The Second Time Around

From the song by the same title....

Haven't posted in quite some time, but still drop by occasionally to read the chat.

We were one of the first to take delivery in the SoCal market in May of 2004. Ordered our car (wife's daily driver) at the L.A. Auto Show in January 2004. Took delivery May 2004. Too many software up dates to recount!!

We saw Kathy O through her trials and tribulations with "Christine". If you're lurking out there Kathy O, say hello.

Went to DE at the Performance Center in South Carolina with the first purchase. Think we'll go again if it's still offered. Had a great time, met some fine people. Say hello Stan.

Been a good ride... So we ordered another one. Barbera Red Metalic with Creme Beige Pearl leather this time. Last time it was Mineral Silver w/ Creme Beige. The new color combo is not officially listed as available either on line, or in the brochure, but never the less the dealer ordered it and BMW accepted the order. Car is built and waiting shipment to the VPC at Port Hueneme CA.

We'll no doubt keep this one until the 6er replacement comes out.

Frank & Sandi

Registered Member
    Member No: 81954 pan is an unknown quantity at this point pan's Avatar

Yes | No

The red is a great choice

After a year with Barbera Red I like it more and more. A light interior should be a great looker. Mine is black with light wood. With the dark interior I wish I had chosen the metal interior same as the steering wheel and gearshift. But with a light interior I would imagine wood would be a good choice. Enjoy

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: The red is a great choice

We couldn't understand why BMWNA doesn't offer this color combination (Barbera Red/Creme Beige Pearl) The web site says N/A and so does the printed catalog. Yet when our dealer processed the order BMW accepted it. Go figure!

Does any one understand why HD radio and Real Time Traffic aren't available together? Also Green Stripe Windshield with HUD?

Frank

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: The red is a great choice

I think the HD/RTTI is in the specific vendor equipment as they will be cohabitable in later model offerings (MY08) - but just an assumption on my part and you no what that can mean. Neither offering is even useable in my little part of FLA so I havn't spent any real time investigating. I will be doing a second 6er as an MY08, hoping for the improved performance STEP with paddle shifter. Would be nice if they threw a few more HP in but I know they are not.

HUD/Green stripe. How the windows are made - the HUD requires the reflective material laid in between glass layers and the ones with green stripe (really a graduated coating, yes?) are manufactured differently.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member

Yes | No

HUD/Green stripe

Yeah, it's always about the number$ isn't it!

What do you make of BMWNA accepting the "Not Available" color combination?

Frank

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: HUD/Green stripe

They did for me on mine at the time. My CA said the printed literature was pointing out "recommended" combos and often almost any selection was honored. Of course only means colors listed for that year.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 108602 sachristman is an unknown quantity at this point sachristman's Avatar

Yes | No

Frank email address?

Frank, I sent a note a couple of days ago through the email address you have set for this site -- did it arrive? Stan

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: HUD/Green stripe

Firstly, your color combination should look very nice. The 6 Series convertibles and coupes are an uncommonly advanced design, even after a few years. Cannot say that about many or even any other designs. Got very tired of the 03 CL55 and 03 SL pretty fast and they do not come close to the 650i in driving satisfaction or comfort, despite being faster in a straight line. Now they look rather dated, as does the Bentley Continental GT/GTC. The new Masseratti GT on the cover of AutoWeek a couple of weeks ago did not look as good to me as the 6 coupe, for example and it will not even be out for another year or more. BMW colors are also quite distinctive and add to the car's appeal. Regarding the available color combinations, I ordered my car lat April in Stratus Grey /Chateau, which was supposedly not an available combination, but the car was built and delivered to my Boston dealer within six weeks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information