+ Reply to Thread
    Fluke/Cape Cod

Yes | No

REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER (died)

Before I check out the archives I am wondering if anyone here has ran into this problem and what they found it to be.

I checked all the fuses and they are fine. BUT I don't know if its one of those fuses or if its one of those relays in the fuse box. When I read the fuse listings there's nothing there naming the rear windshield wiper.

I presume BMW used the Z3 roadster fuse panel and this would valid why theres no listing for it. I am just not up for tearing the car apart(yet). This car is treating better than any car I have ever owned and I am reluctant to start opening things up except under need of sheer necessity.
    The car is still very tight and I don't want to start loosing it up until I have no choice. I realize though it is starting to reach that age where I am, but I want to drag it out as long as possible.

nixoda

Yes | No

Re: REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER (died)

Just remove it, looks much cleaner.

PbFut

Yes | No

Send me an email

I have wire diagrams that may help.
    Also have a complete wiper assembly if you need it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14247 jholechek is an unknown quantity at this point jholechek's Avatar

Yes | No

Possible broken wiring in hatch gooseneck (left)

My wiper has quit twice in 6 years due to broken wiring that passes from the body to the hatch door on the left side. Open your hatch, wet the glass, turn wiper on and wiggle the goose neck. I could get mine to work intermitently that way. If it is the wiring then you'll have to pull the hatch trim and left side interior panels to gain enough space to work on the dozen or so wires packed in that area. I had a about 4 or 5 broken or frayed. I can send you a photo of the area in question if you send mr an email.

Fluke/Cape Cod

Yes | No

Re: Send me an email(reply)

Thanks this is good to know, I"ll get back to you on this. Its still to cold here to take on any car projects that are not essential to keeping the car alive.

Fluke/Cape Cod

Yes | No

Re: REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER (died)

Nice work, real clean job, looks great... I'll keeep this in mind

Fluke/Cape Cod

Yes | No

Re: GOOSENECK

This looks like a nice spot to test for electrical current... thanks for bringing to my attention. beats taking off the rear door panel(I think).

The rubber boot is perfect and shows no sign of being injured. All I have to do is find an easy way of sliding that boot out of the way so I can stick a probe in each of the wires.

The rear windshield waher pump still works, so there's power there. Just where is the rear windshield washer pump though...is it in the rear hatch door or not..

Unregistered

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke/Cape Cod View Post
    This looks like a nice spot to test for electrical current... thanks for bringing to my attention. beats taking off the rear door panel(I think).

The rubber boot is perfect and shows no sign of being injured. All I have to do is find an easy way of sliding that boot out of the way so I can stick a probe in each of the wires.

The rear windshield waher pump still works, so there's power there. Just where is the rear windshield washer pump though...is it in the rear hatch door or not..
    The pump should have two nozzles. one squirts on the front windsheild and the other to the rear hatch windshield.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 216.52.207.101

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information