+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: High Pitched Squeal in Speakers
03-11-2007 07:03 PM #1
High Pitched Squeal in Speakers
Wondering if anyone has any previous experience with this high pitched squeal when I'm listening to the radio. It sounds like that ultrasonic sound you get occasionally when you turn on a radio or monitor?
My service department doesn't seem to know what this is.
PS I have a 2006 650i Coupe
03-13-2007 12:12 AM #2
- Titusville, FL, United StatesMember No: 107311
- Join Date
- May 2004
- Rep Power
Sorry, not heard of that issue ever - not even in
the more common e60 models. Have to ask some questions. In all audio sources? At any/all volume levels? Engine running or not? At all times or intermittent?
US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled
05-18-2007 08:12 AM #3
Re: High Pitched Squeal in Speakers
Have a look at this new post I copied about new software
SI B 61 14 03
General Electrical Systems April 2007
This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 14 03 dated March 2007.
(New) designates changes to this revision
Software Errors Corrected with Progman
E60, E61 (5 Series)
E63, E64 (6 Series)
Vehicles produced up to March 30, 2007
Customer may complain of the following:
(New) The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 25.01.00 (Target data Status E060-07-03-520). Only software corrections for the last 2 Progman versions are listed below.
1) CCC (Car Communication Computer) equipped vehicle, the SDARS (Satellite Radio) stored station list is intermittently empty since programming with Progman V25.00.00.
2) Poor RTTI (Real Time Traffic Information) reception. The CID (Central Information Display) is constantly displaying "Transferring Messages" since programming with Progman V25.00.00.
The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 25.00.00 (Target data Status E060-07-03-510).
1) Engine pinging and cold idle fluctuation complaints. A jolt may be felt under braking. Only N62TU.
2) CCC: The programmable diamond MFL button does not work when set to "Next entertainment source" when vehicle is in motion.
3) CCC: The customer occasionally has poor radio reception after the vehicle was programmed with Progman V23.x or V24.x.
4) The speedometer and tachometer needles shake when the vehicle is idling.
5) CCC: Slow response to inputs made when using controller after startup.
6) CCC: A high frequency whistling noise intermittently can been heard in radio mode
7) CCC: Navigation system pop-up arrow display missing. Refer to SI B84 61 06.
8) CCC: CD/CDC track advances after key cycled. Refer to SI B65 32 05.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)