+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 80802 ahachiya is an unknown quantity at this point ahachiya's Avatar

Yes | No

High Pitched Squeal in Speakers

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has any previous experience with this high pitched squeal when I'm listening to the radio. It sounds like that ultrasonic sound you get occasionally when you turn on a radio or monitor?

My service department doesn't seem to know what this is.

Thanks!!

PS I have a 2006 650i Coupe

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry, not heard of that issue ever - not even in

the more common e60 models. Have to ask some questions. In all audio sources? At any/all volume levels? Engine running or not? At all times or intermittent?
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 23320 phil96 is an unknown quantity at this point phil96's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: High Pitched Squeal in Speakers

Have a look at this new post I copied about new software

SI B 61 14 03
    General Electrical Systems April 2007
    Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 14 03 dated March 2007.

(New) designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
    Software Errors Corrected with Progman

MODEL
    E60, E61 (5 Series)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

Vehicles produced up to March 30, 2007

SITUATION
    Customer may complain of the following:

(New) The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 25.01.00 (Target data Status E060-07-03-520). Only software corrections for the last 2 Progman versions are listed below.

1) CCC (Car Communication Computer) equipped vehicle, the SDARS (Satellite Radio) stored station list is intermittently empty since programming with Progman V25.00.00.

2) Poor RTTI (Real Time Traffic Information) reception. The CID (Central Information Display) is constantly displaying "Transferring Messages" since programming with Progman V25.00.00.

The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 25.00.00 (Target data Status E060-07-03-510).

1) Engine pinging and cold idle fluctuation complaints. A jolt may be felt under braking. Only N62TU.

2) CCC: The programmable diamond MFL button does not work when set to "Next entertainment source" when vehicle is in motion.

3) CCC: The customer occasionally has poor radio reception after the vehicle was programmed with Progman V23.x or V24.x.

4) The speedometer and tachometer needles shake when the vehicle is idling.

5) CCC: Slow response to inputs made when using controller after startup.

6) CCC: A high frequency whistling noise intermittently can been heard in radio mode

7) CCC: Navigation system pop-up arrow display missing. Refer to SI B84 61 06.

8) CCC: CD/CDC track advances after key cycled. Refer to SI B65 32 05.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information