+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111830 mikegg is an unknown quantity at this point mikegg's Avatar

Yes | No

Any information on the 2008 650???

My 3/04 645i has 75,000 miles and I'm thinking of trading it in soon. It's a great car and still runs well, but I don't want to go above 100,000 miles.

I heard somewhere that the 08 sixer will have some slight changes. Does anyone have information or a web site to find out about the car?

Also, when do the new models come out... in the spring or fall? The first 645 came out in 1/04 as I recall.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Any information on the 2008 650???

Well I only KNOW this one thing for sure, in NA it will be September for MY08. Anything else I say is conjecture based on what BMW is already doing for the e60 refresh (LCI in BMW speak).

Expect new Sport STEP tranny with quicker shifting and steering wheel paddles as options. New style shift lever that does not move much supposedly to get some additioanl storage space (huh - we need storage space). SMG may go away (but could be back by then as well - it is going away as option in e60 for awhile. Idrive will have some (6) short cut memory buttons. In Europe they will probably get the I6tt engine appearing in the e90, 92 and soon in the e60. IF not already an option, night vision, lane change warning/alert, USB connector, Brake and go Cruise control. And some claim some exterior changes although in the pictures purported to show these changes I could not see any differences.

Maybe some others will chime in with moer. I am planning a MY08 refresh myself;)
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Any information on the 2008 650???

Thanks Cobradav,

I'm glad to hear about those I-drive buttons, hope it's true. My friends 550 seems to have a faster response to the idrive then my 04 version and a different knob. I also read about minor cosmetic updates, but never saw the difference either.

I guess I should follow the 5 series more closely to see the changes in the 6'er.

I may wait a couple months this time to get the next model. I got the first one from my dealer and it doesn't have blue tooth, etc. But i sure was excited to get it.

Thanks again

Mike

Registered Member

Yes | No

New buttons on the e60/08 Dash

I checked out the new brochure on the e60 and it shows 6 buttons under the Cd slot. Are these set or programable?

It also shows a new shifter...I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Thanks,

Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New buttons on the e60/08 Dash

Most, if not all, are programmable. There is a comprehensive PDF on the e60 changes at the link I included. And it states there are 8 programmable buttons. Hmmm, I swear I saw six in another picture.

Darn Roadfly software

http://forums.e 6 0 . n e t/index.php?showtopic=24882&hl=music&st=0

Copy this url and close up the spaces
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: 6 New buttons on the e60/08 Dash

The picture I saw in a pdf brochure had 6 buttons also.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information