+ Reply to Thread
    James

Yes | No

Air Bag Warning Light

Hello everyone. The other day the air bag warning light on the dash board came on and won't go out. When I turn the car on, it blinks for a few seconds, then stays on. Any idea what could be doing this? Anyone know how to reset it? I have a 2001, S Type, w/73,000 miles. And of course the light came on about 3 days after I got the oil changed at the dealer... ugh!

Brian G

Yes | No

Re: Air Bag Warning Light

I have this problem and I resolve it by unplugging and replugging the harness under the driver's side seat. It seems that everytime the seat is moved, the warning light comes back on. I haven't been able to see any physical damage, yet replugging it always makes the problem go away.

Chris A

Yes | No

If its related to turning the steering wheel it might be the clockspring module, this contains the electrical connections to the actual air bag inside the steering wheel. The flashing airbag light can be decode into a two digit number that identifies what the problem is. I am waiting for mine to be replaced.

duck

Yes | No

I just fixed mine. Short in a wire underneath the drivers seat, had the dealer do it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 145302 JohnBurns is an unknown quantity at this point JohnBurns's Avatar

Yes | No

I had this same problem (three times)on my 2000 Lincoln LS. The wiring harness under the driver's seat has a plug which seems to pull loose when the seat is moved, particularly when easy exit is turned on in the LS. Just reach under the seat and make sure the plug on the harness is tightly connected - it's relatively easy to fix. Seems Ford has the same problem on the Jag and the Lincoln LS, but they are based on the same chasis during 2000 through 2007, so I guess it figures.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information