+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 151526 cortez is an unknown quantity at this point cortez's Avatar

Yes | No

HELP with vinyl rear window & Peninsula mechanic?

any recommendations on the peninsula or no further than San Jose? I'm new to the BMW world and would appreciate any all suggestions & recommendations.

Also - need to purchase rear vinyl window for my 1997 BMW Z3.
    Has anyone ordered the part and installed themselves? Of course with someone to help. Who should I order the part from? Cost?

When I purchased the car the vinyl was slightly cloudy and knew I would need to replace it eventually BUT my friend's son decided to punch a hole in it with a Batman sword. Eventually has now turned into immediately.

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Since no one answered you, and I don't have an

answer to your questions, I'd like to suggest you check with the Golden Gate Chapter of the CCA. They may have a member who can help you, or at least give you some suggestions. Their website is: http://www.ggcbmwcca.org/ I once helped a fellow CCA member from Arkansas who had shipped his engine to a local business here, so perhaps someone at the GGC can help you. Good luck.

Viv
    Northern California
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member
    Member No: 131822 avlking is an unknown quantity at this point avlking's Avatar

Yes | No

this place was recommended to me

Registered Member
    Member No: 135339 masermn1284 is an unknown quantity at this point masermn1284's Avatar

Yes | No

cleaning plastic windows

Replaced my window 7 years ago, and still looks good as new (Maserati Spyder) Trick I learned from Jaguar owner to keep it looking new:

When folded: Take a cardboard tube (2-4 inch diameter) and cut to width of window. Go to BigLots and buy a towel the same width. Cut and glue it onto the tube with sprayglue. Ok, here's how you use it. Hold the towel/tube in the middle of the window, then lower your top as normal, it should be a little harder to lower, but if the tubes diameter is too big just get a little smaller one. What happens is the tube keeps the plastic from contacting/rubbing against itself causing scratches and stains.

When Top Is up: NEVER "wipe" the plastic window with glass cleaner. What I do is take a spray bottle with a few drops of liquid soap and water. Spray the window A LOT, get it really wet. Don't wipe it off!, take an air hose / or canned air and blow the water off. Now that it is clean and streaky, spray woolite on the window. Now wipe with a NEW lint free cloth. If your top is left up a lot in the sun, this procedure is the best way to keep it looking clear as glass.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information