+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 151756 steveDEL is an unknown quantity at this point steveDEL's Avatar

Yes | No

New M6 yesterday....shifting problems

Newbie here today from the M3 Board. Just picked up my new M6. When shifting in Step, using paddles or in Auto...there is a lag or delay in shifts. Its to the point of feeling like it bogs down a bit and decelerates before catching the next gear.
    Dealer says it will go away when 1200 mile service is done. Ive tried all the settings on the smg and cant get shifts to inprove.
    Any advice is appreciated. I looked thru the archives and see some older posts and some software upgrades that helped. But this is a 2 day old M6.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New M6 yesterday....shifting problems

We're not very active here on the M version although there are a few. Try m 5 b o a r d. c o m (the M6 forum) for far more active M6 group. However, I believe you are prohibited from S5 and S6 until 1200 miles which would give far faster shift times. Your not the first to voice that complaint, but I believe all were happy once they know how to use SMG and were past the 1200 mile point.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 151756 steveDEL is an unknown quantity at this point steveDEL's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks very much!

Registered Member
    Member No: 128555 taheemr is an unknown quantity at this point taheemr's Avatar

Yes | No

Hello Steve,

I get my m6 this week, how do you find it on fuel, is it as scary as they say, mind you that what people said about my 645, but its been fine ie 18mpg mixed driving

Registered Member

Yes | No

mileage ???

well....yes its pretty thirsty. I got the car saturday and have put about 250 miles on it. It was filled when i got it...i filled it once after about 150 miles and it needs fuel again tomorrow. I havent calculated the milage yet but its not good. I hear it will improve. Part of the poor mileage could be i drive with the paddles and not auto so my RPM's are higher when i shift than when in Auto. The Auto mode seems to really shift too soon to keep RPM's very low low. Its just more fun with the paddle shifters so i may give up a bit of mileage for that.

Its a gas guzzler but its a blast. The car is amazing but For 100k and a V10 its hard to worry about gas mileage i suppose.

hope that helps!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information