+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 99808 Kilovolt is an unknown quantity at this point Kilovolt's Avatar

Yes | No

New software dated 7th April 2007...............

.......... just had the old girl in for a software update to re-instate the MP3 player function they killed at the last service!

Much to their annoyance BMW UK told them they had to code the vehicle from the ground up. It's had the full hit with the CIP dated 7th April 2007 (but not sure what release that means).

My car is 3 1/2 years old now and going as strong as ever at 25,000 miles.

The new software has put MP3 back on (both single slots) and a host of other menu options have appeared.

The car appears to be pairing with other phones for bluetooth as well (even though I have a SIM card insrted in the console for the pro phone set-up)?

The screen looks a lot better in silvers and greys instead of shades of brown (yuk).

Gear changes are very slick. I-Drive menus are really fast. Voice control is quick and very accurate.

Looks good to me.

Have fun.
    English spec Titanium Silver Coupe, Auto Gears, Dynamic Drive (Sports Pack in USA?), Adaptive Steering, Adaptive Headlights, Sat Nav Professional, Comms Pack With Business Phone, Lights Package, Folding Mirrors, 120 Style Alloys, Tints, Service Inclusive 5 Years/60,000 Miles.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New software dated 7th April 2007...............

You are on Progman 25.xx.xx now. Many have reported results similar to yours. You should find you can now search Nav with names, and a few other niceties. Since you are in UK you were never bothered with our "lawyer" screen so that is not a difference you'll notice.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

My 06 650i conv will be a yr. old in mid-June and

now has about 9500 miles. have not had it in for service yet, but would very much enjoy a speedier response to iDrive inputs, if that is something that the software update includes. I though that the system was impeded by the hardware and a very sloooow processor.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: My 06 650i conv will be a yr. old in mid-June and

Hardware/buss/processor sure capable of speedier responses. MOre like code/timimg developers established. Many speak of improved response. I am scheduled for 24 April update. Hope it lives up to reports.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 99662 KathyO is an unknown quantity at this point KathyO's Avatar

Yes | No

My understanding is that the dealer can't just upgrade the software unless you report having an issue with it..... so report an issue and they'll be able to upgrade you.

Registered Member
    Member No: 128555 taheemr is an unknown quantity at this point taheemr's Avatar

Yes | No

You are correct they will not update automatically, but what reason failure / reason could I give them to upgrade

Registered Member
    Member No: 128555 taheemr is an unknown quantity at this point taheemr's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New software dated 7th April 2007...............

What faults would I need to report to get this latest software upgrade on my M6.

Many Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information