+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 151980 randykeylor is an unknown quantity at this point randykeylor's Avatar

Yes | No

2004 SRX Major Engine problem

Hey folks,

I have a 2004 SRX V8 with 49k miles. For the past year the computer or something else has been shutting off the engine while idiling and even driving. It was in the shop 5 times in march 07 for the problem.The computer has been replaced twice. The latest fix was a new wiring harness. 3 weeks later while driving @ 60 mph the engine yet again shut-off. Told cadillac I want out of the car. Opened a case file with cadillac and begin the process of getting another vehicle next week.Anybody have any advise or experience with Cadillac on this type of problem and if so what was your outcome? The car is a death trap.There is no documation on the problem and they can't figure it out. have lost all confidence in that particular car.

Thanks

Randy Keylor

Steve

Yes | No

Re: 2004 SRX Major Engine problem

I'd check out the fuel pump or associated wiring/relays. Thats one problem that won't show on the computer codes, but stops the car cold.

Tia

Yes | No

Hi! When I read your comments I had to respond.

I have the SRX 2004 V6 and I have had the car for 1 1/2 years, 39K miles and I have been in the shop in excess of 15 times for simular issues. The wiring, throttle body ect have all been replaced. Each time when the car is placed in the shop I have been promised the car has been fixed!!! Now I am ready to trade in the car ( because I am tired of the hassle) and no dealership will come near me ( I am 10K in the hole, the Cadaillic does not retain its worth from the minute you drive off the lot) Im being offered 18K for a car I paid 36K for 1 yr 1/2 agon.

Good luck with the trade in .. cadillac could do nothing for me. I wound up suing cadillac( www.lemonlaw.com) and took a settlement of 5K for my troubles. I am still stuck with the car....

Good luck!!!
    Never buying American again...

2004 cadi srx

Yes | No

SRX Major Engine problem computer

I bought my srx of a auto auction the car had been flipped and fully restored. then after 4 months of owning the vehicle. the computer get fuked. and I had to take it to dealer and they put a new one in for 12 hundred bucks now the same prob happened couple months after dealer put in the computer . ok so the car runs but I cant take the key out. it just dont come out. the spedometer don work. miles dont count when I drive gas meter don work. traction control stoped working. if any one knows how to help me please e-mail me back

Jewels

Yes | No

I did experience similar problems myself. I had a remote starter on mine, and my mechanic said that thats what was causing it. So I had it disconnected and haven't had the problem since. Knock on wood, its frigging scarry when it just dies on you no control of anything, NOT FUN!!!!!!! HOWEVER I have had my power steering pump blow to pieces, catalytic converter do the same, 3 bearings, airconditioner quit, altenator go, battery die, yada yada. Mine is an 04, purchased in 06 and now has 108 thousand km on it. Another mechanic has told me that some the above things have happened because its not meant for short trips in the winter, which I think is crap!! Has anyone else had this many problems ???? I realize that over 100 k is getting up there but a friend of mine has an 06 and he has 140 k on his and none of these issues have occured on his.

Brandon Terry

Yes | No

I am having the same issues with my SRX. It has been in the shop more that 10 times, and i have only had the car for a year and a half. NOw it is in the shop, and they say that it need sa whole new engine. I am tired of this crap myself. I dont know what to do.

Becca

Yes | No

I have had nothing but problems related to my SRX, as well. I purchased it new in 2007 and since the purchase, it has been in the shop numerous times, including right at this moment. It has had a catalytic converter, 2 batteries, new rings, pistons, heads, torque converter, and now some electrical problems/sensor problems. I have literally not driven the vehicle longer than 3 weeks, consistently since late April 09/early May 09. I contacted GM regarding the "lemon law" but based on the state that I live (illinois) I do not qualify. I am pushing for reimbursement but have had no luck so far. Gm tells me that I "left my car by choice" with the dealer and that my car was "drivable". No, it was not. It was burning oil (after 500 miles it would be 2-3 quarts low in oil). I have 70K on the car now (thank god for the extended warranty), I drive 120 miles round trip to work daily and Gm expects me to take this vehicle (that is unreliable) when it has been deemed as needing repaired. I am considering hiring a lawyer to determine if i can benefit from this experience for my problems. When you pay over 45K for a vehicle, you expect it to last longer than 2 years. Any advice????

cadifreak

Yes | No

I bought my srx new in 2004. I've been in the shop too many times to count. I've experienced all of the problems that everyone else has including not being able to remove the key from the ignition. I refuse to sell or trade the car at this point because I can't get anything out of it. I actually like it. The motor stopping is getting old though. I have to get it fixed before it gets me killed. I'm thinking it is some sort of sensor that is telling the motor to shut down.
    Just for fun my other issues have been: I've had both back windows roll down automatically and break. Cadillac said it was a fluke and coincidence because they operate separately. The rear window washer starting spraying cars behind me instead of the window. (That one was actually fun). The ashtray broke. The tire monitors don't work (right). People make fun of how many issues, too many for me to remember, that I've had with this car. I own two other Cadillacs so I have the luxury of being patient with this one and trying to work through the issues.

Registered Member
    Member No: 182633 jeroen is an unknown quantity at this point jeroen's Avatar

Yes | No

I also have a 2004 V8 with the same problems. I bought my car 15 months ago, and by now it spent 3 months in repair, also leaking power steering twice, third time the power steering pump was replaced.

I drive on LPG,and within a year the cylinder heads had to been redone due to valve seats.

This is my 16th car, but by far the worst, but I like how the car drives (when it does)

The last time the car had to be towed back to garage, because it ran on 4 cylinders or so, and was shaking heavily. During my holiday they repaired the car. The same day I drove it again, the engine warning light again showed up. It drives me crazy. I'm Dutch so excuse me for maybe some incorrect spelling

Registered Member
    Member No: 184219 anjy834u is an unknown quantity at this point anjy834u's Avatar

Yes | No

That really is some sorry state you are in . however i suggest take the vehicle to an authorized service station and take documentation of warranty after the repair is done.

Registered Member
    Member No: 184219 anjy834u is an unknown quantity at this point anjy834u's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: SRX Major Engine problem computer

the only reason could be the service station u r taking ur cadillac in .

User Level 1
    Member No: 197826 SLSSeville is an unknown quantity at this point SLSSeville's Avatar

Yes | No

Where are the old school cadillac posts?

Hey I was curious if there is anywhere on this forum where you guys talk about old school Caddys, not sure if I missed it. Hate to post here, but I have been curious on issues with Cadillac Engine problems of all types not just the 2004 SRX, so I figured why not.

Cadillac SLS
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.189.214.102

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information