+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 151972 ninja4077 is an unknown quantity at this point ninja4077's Avatar

Yes | No

Bluetooth

Can anyone give me friendly advice on how to set up my bluetooth phone to my wife's car (2005 645ci)? The owners manual did not have much info in this area. I appreciate any advise I get, we just purchased the vehicle and it is a bit different from my car (2004 525i).

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth

I have not reviewed this in awhile so it might actually be shorter. I know it seems a lot easier than all this. I do have PDF and Word documents that describe the process. If Roadfly "[oops!]" some part of the link replace with (close up the spaces) e 6 0.n e t

Procedures for pairing Motorola phone with BMW:
    Have in mind a passcode for phone and car (any number of digits – make it easy for yourself – typically a 4 digit pin works well)
    Motorola phone:

1. Press Menu
    2. Scroll to Settings and select
    3. Scroll to Connection and select
    4. Scroll to Bluetooth Link and select
    5. Scroll to Setup and select
    6. Scroll to Power and select (change)
    7. Scroll to "On" and select
    8. Select "Back"

BMW:
    1. Turn ignition switch to position 1 (Acc) or 2 (Run)
    2. After the I-Drive Menu boots, select the Lawyer message
    3. At the I-Drive menu, press the controller once
    4. Scroll to Communications Settings and press the controller
    5. Move up to the top menu
    6. Scroll over to "Bluetooth" and press the controller
    7. Make sure that the "Bluetooth" Communication Active" message is checked (if not, scroll to the message and press the controller to turn it on)
    8. Move up to the 2nd menu
    9. Scroll over to "Phone" and press the controller
    10. You should see your phone listed as "Motorola Phone" or whatever name you have given the phone beneath "Bluetooth connectable in this menu". If not, your phone has not established a connection
    11. If the phone has not established a connection, then on your phone you should still be at the "Bluetooth Link" menu. Scroll to "Handsfree" and select.
    12. Scroll to "Look for Devices" and select.
    13. The phone will now look for and attempt to pair with the BMW.
    14. Once the phone has found the car, the phone will display "BMWxxxxx" xxxxx will be the last 5 digits of your VIN.
    15. On the phone, scroll to the device (i.e. BMWxxxxx) and select. The phone will say "seeking device"
    16. Once the I-Drive recognizes the phone, the I-Drive will give you a message
    "External Device Requests Access", "Refuse/Add. Scroll to Add and press the I-Drive controller on the car.
    17. The car will then ask you for a "PIN", enter 4 zeros (or code of your choice), and pull the controller back, and then press me I-Drive Controller to Accept.
    18. The phone will ask "Bond with Device", Yes or No. Select Yes.
    19. The phone will ask you to enter "Key" enter same Pin as in step 17 (The same code entered on the car), and select "OK"
    20. The phone will state PIN verified and saved.
    21. Phone should appear on I-Drive Screen
    22. Press the Menu button twice to go back to the basic I-Drive Screen.
    23. Go to "Communciations"
    24. Check the bottom part of screen, phone should appear as "Portable" or “Motorola” on left hand side of screen.
    25. The remainder of the process should take about 1 hour for the address book to load, and the phone to be functional. Just be patient and give it some time. This should only apply to the first time download.

After this is done once, this phone will pair automatically on subsequent use.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 151972 ninja4077 is an unknown quantity at this point ninja4077's Avatar

Yes | No

I really appreciate the help. I'm going to print this out and see if I can get it to work.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I followed the directions and everything worked perfectly execpt the address book from my phone did not upload. Any advice?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

May take a long time, the first time. Or you may not have a 100% compatible phone. Which phone are you using?

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member

Yes | No

Im using a brand new Nextel i580. If the phone is not compatible do you have any ideas on how to add numbers to the car. Thanks again for all your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information