+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 46312 asstdean is an unknown quantity at this point asstdean's Avatar

Yes | No

cobradav & failed top sensor

Cobradave- you have been a big help to many of the mechanically/te*****ally/electronically challenged on the board. Any thoughts what I might tell my service department about fixing a problem with the top. This is the second time I've taken it in for the same problem: I'm driving along, get a chime and get a "convertible top not locked, reduce speed immediately" message. Last time (less than 3 weeks and 400 miles ago) they kept the car three days (although one of the days was to fix a bent rim, replace tire) because the sensors for the top are in a difficult to reach location behind the back seats. Anyway to trouble shoot to make sure it REALLY gets fixed this time? Thanks, G Smith

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

The sensor that cobradav speaks of................

....is actually easy to get at, they need to modify it to increase the amount it measures.

This subject has been covered by BMW, the dealer "should" know about it by now

If they dont then they need to create a PuMA case, then they will direct the dealer so they fix it properly.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Geez has you covered...

I be off to Sharkfest and some Tail of the Dragon. Unless I stumble across a internet cafe (curve # 299 on the Tail??) I'll catch up when I get back to civilization.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information