+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

SW

Yes | No

yet another suspension question

Hello all -- I am finally going to give up on my SLS soon. I currently have the dinan front and rear (specific SLS springs) on the car and like them, but something is wrong with the rear. So I also have a set of Mtech springs set up with bilstien sports. I am going to keep the dinans and bilstien sports up front for now and replace the SLS with the Mtech/sport set up.
    Does anyone have any advice as to which notch on the rear sport shock I should set the perch at. I do have bigger tires on 17 inch rims (I ll have to get the tire dims later if relevant).

Sw

Registered Member
    Member No: 45949 Philo is an unknown quantity at this point Philo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: yet another suspension question

Seth.., what issues are you having with the rear SLS ? Just curious.., what are you experiencing ?

Philo.
    ----------

SW

Yes | No

SLS is rock hard and unresponsive to linkage input

It is all the way up and rock hard. Um, that doesn't sound too proper, but you know what I mean. I have been tinkering with it for a long time and do love the dinan springs with it...but unless you or anyone else has a simple idea to fix it, it has got to go. Nothing on it is original except the shocks themselves. I have replaced all other parts.
    BTW-- are you anywhere near SanDiego? I might have a crazy auto purchase in that area that would put me firmly on the DARK SIDE.

Seth

Registered Member
    Member No: 35097 bbojangles is an unknown quantity at this point bbojangles's Avatar

Yes | No

that is from the pump running until it trips the

pressure switch.
    the level sensor should kick off the pump before it goes rock hard. the pressure switch is there as a safety device so it does not self destruct.

sw

Yes | No

ok -- is there a way to fix it...or do you just

replace the switch?

bruce in canada

Yes | No

Re: ok -- is there a way to fix it...or do you just

well you need to diagnose the problem fully..
    you can go under the spare wheel. and under the plastic cover for the pump and disconnect the motor. that will stop it from pumping higher..
    then you need to lower the car to the proper level.
    I forget the exact wire but you need to activate the pressure drain valve for the car to coem down.

if you can get the car lowered to the mid point of its adjustment then you see if it rides well.

the switch itself is fairly complicated and also expensive. I would not replace it unless you are certain it is not working..

if you want to talk through it more.. let me know i cna send you a phone number.. i learned a lot about my sls last summer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information