+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 123524 brenta2 is an unknown quantity at this point brenta2's Avatar

Yes | No

anyone have engine loom diagram M88 M5 or e23 M745

i am going to fit a M88 engine from a 85 e23 M745iA into my 86 e28 M535i .
    and just been looking at the plugs on the engine loom , noticed the engine fuse box plug is sleightly different
    (2 more pins) and there is a extra largish white plug coming from the loom near the ECU plug .
    that was conected in the M745i loom and headed off past the instrument cluster and towards the heater box or OBC etc .

i dont recal the e28 m535i loom having this plug near the ecu , only the little 3pin one .
    if anyone could supply any info that would be much appreciated .
    thanks
    MK-motorspsort

Registered Member
    Member No: 45949 Philo is an unknown quantity at this point Philo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: anyone have engine loom diagram M88 M5 or e23

So the M88 is not coming with an engine harness ?

Either way you need to buy the Electronic Technical Manual (ETM) from the dealer. It has all the info you need. The white connector you're speaking of (Located in the glove box, part of the engine harness) is C101, 6 pin straight connector, in the ETM. This delivers input to the ECU from the OBC code relay. You know.., the anti theft code in the OBC. Green Wire. Unless that green wire is connected from the OBC to the ECU the car will not start.

There is also a Black and White wire.., and can't recall what they are for.., maybe the tachometer signal wire... I'll look it up and post what I find.

Also.., if the 745 had an auto trans there are extra wires in the engine harness that go to the distribution box. What I would do is get an M88 e28 M5 harness and adapt that to the M535. If you can not then get an ETM for both cars and try to make sense of it.

Good luck.

Philo.
    ---------

Registered Member
    Member No: 123524 brenta2 is an unknown quantity at this point brenta2's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks for that . read below

they are both RHD cars the M88 engihne i removed myself with the engine loom , i have sold the e23 body to someone who already has one of these and other models .
    yes the 745ia was an auto .
    so the loom came in through the firewall in front of the driver and down to the ecu behind right front speaker . but the largish white plu went off up past the cluster and joined into the main loom heading towards the heater box obc (which the version 1 model)
    my 86 e28 M535i also have obc but its the version 2 model .
    will have a look over the weekend to see if has the same type of plug .
    thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 45949 Philo is an unknown quantity at this point Philo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: thanks for that . read below

yes.., you definitely need to buy the ETM to figure this all out. I looked at my US E28 M5 and i have 13 wires going to the distribution box. The ETM showed wires for the 02 sensor heater, oil pressure sender, coil (primary post), starter (pin 30), Alternator (field), and a bunch of others..., 13 wires in total on my car.

Good luck.

Philo.
    --------

Registered Member
    Member No: 87092 don-grillo is an unknown quantity at this point don-grillo's Avatar

Yes | No

email me

i can help you! i have euro M5 engine loom.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information