+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 24008 montypsk is an unknown quantity at this point montypsk's Avatar

Yes | No

Expensive Fuel Line?

hey guys, I had a fuel leak from the incoming hose into the fuel rail. Last time this happened, I was on the road and just went to a auto parts store and got generic fuel hose. Its leaking again. I check to see if it take the 8x13mm hose which I and notice this in the etk FUEL HOSE 561MM-920MM 1 13311722565. I called to see the price and its expensive. Is this hose special, molded or maybe the rubber is more heat resistence?

For now I am just going to use the 8x13mm since the car is not being driven and just need to move it.

thanks.

Alex
    88 m5
    91 318is

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

Have you thought of just ordering fuel hose from

Haygood or BMP? It's pretty cheap, and you don't have to worry about some type of low pressure fuel hose you might stumble across at a local parts store...
    Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    86 657CSi
    88 M3

Registered Member
    Member No: 24008 montypsk is an unknown quantity at this point montypsk's Avatar

Yes | No

I do get my stuff from Haygood....

the bmw fuel hose I have is from him. Just not sure why this part was different.

thanks

alex

88 m5
    91 318is

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

Give Steve a call. I'm sure anything he sells is

OK for your car, but it's always better to hear it straight from the source.
    Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    86 657CSi
    88 M3

Registered Member
    Member No: 35097 bbojangles is an unknown quantity at this point bbojangles's Avatar

Yes | No

I was advised to use BMW only for this

Something is wrong tho if you say it is expensive.
    I got some BMW hose from the dealer here and it was not expensive. I suppose that Steve H might shave a couple dollars off the total but looks like do to all the hoses is still less than 70 dollars.

I did both lines from the fuel rail to deep below the brake bomb. One of these has a moulded 90 degree bend on it and also got the little horseshoe piece for the front end of the rail.
    fuel injection

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information