+ Reply to Thread
    T. Tabor

Yes | No

03 CTS 6-disc CD changer

My Bose cd changer has a cd that is stuck. It won't even recognize that it is in there and it is binding the changer. It won't eject or do anything. It just gives a "CD MECH ERROR" message. How can I fix it without paying an arm and a leg to a Cadillac dealership?
    PLEASE HELP!!

RonK

Yes | No

Sorry. No D-I-Y solution

You will need to take it in for repair/replacement. I assume that you're outside the 48 month / 50,000 mile warranty without an extended plan? Post the last 8 digits of your VIN and I can tell you what warranty coverage you have left.

T. Tabor

Yes | No

Re: Sorry. No D-I-Y solution

I purchased an extended plan (up to 100,000 miles) when I purchased the car. I bought it in March and this is the second thing to go wrong already. The driver's side wheel bearing had to be replaced last month. Is there anywhere to get some diagrams on the removal of the CD changer? I feel like if I could just remove the one CD that didn't seat correctly then the changer would resume working.

T.Tabor

Yes | No

Great news, the problem resolved itself. My wife kept fooling with it and all the CD's came out on their own. Thank's RonK for the advise, I really appreciate you trying to help.

RonK

Yes | No

Re: There is a solution!

Well..heck! You didn't mention you had a WIFE! Wives are good at pushing buttons. My wife seams to know exactly what buttons to push to get me to do stuff, too!

ME MYSELF AND i

Yes | No

Re: 03 CTS 6-disc CD changer

JUST PAY THE MONEY AND GET IT DONE PROFESSIONNALLY CAUSE IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN YOU CAN TAKE IT BACK AND THEY;LL FIX IT FREE

rogerbarry

Yes | No

Re: 03 CTS 6-disc CD changer

yeah..agree!

Escalade Love

david

Yes | No

The same thing happened to me. I took the dash out and got to the disc changer and took the cd out...seems to be working fine now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information